I love the web , it is like magic , sitting behind a computer screen and find information on anything you might need.But using awesome applications directly on my internet browser was something I never thought it could happen.But times have changed , technology evolved and here we are , millions of unique apps for every task , for everyone.
When I started this website I had no idea how to create images or design elements and I knew I would need them as I was building the primary content.A website is not complete without imagery and graphics are consumed by humans with hunger and desire.As I was moving forward I discovered awesome stock photo sites that were offering some of their items for free.I was happy but yet I knew I was in need of a logo.
That particular design element that adds trust and authority to every project whether it is a brand , a local company , a store , a magazine or a website.This is the first design detail that almost everyone is looking for when visiting a new site.But there are online applications that you can create custom logo designs for free.
One of my very favourite apps is the Online Logo Maker with which you can create Logos and mini Designs.
You visit the Online Logo Maker website , founded by Ricardo Lopes.You only need an email address and you are good to go.He will never spam you with offers or anything else.The only time I got an email was a very polite invitation to complete a mini survey about their services.
I therefore use their tools for over 6 months with no problem at all.Through time to time I spread the word on my social accounts.
How It Works
- When you complete a registration you will create a new project.You will be redirected to the applet in a new tab.
- Symbols Area (pre maid logos and elements).You can customize them but not in full details.You can change colours , add shadow , rotate , spin , resize , direct , duplicate and other mini functions.
- Text area : 40 – 50 different font types.Editable
- Own Images – You can import any photo or image or any other visual project into the panel.When you add multiple elements there is availability to move those elements backwards and forward like layers.To get a shape behind another one or in front of it.
- There is a Grid Option – Very useful to centralise and measure.
- Undo : Ctrl + Z for windows.There is a button if you want to use the mouse.
- Zoom in / Out.
- The preferences panel is at the bottom.
- You can save or download your image in no time.I prefer saving them in png format in order to leave a transparent background.It is totally up to you.
- Very easy to use , fast , reliable , no freezes , accurate.
- High quality on the majority of logos.
- Variety of categories and different styles (modern , retro , classical … other)
- (Animals , finance , outdoors , real estate , religious , repair , science , sports , travel , women , stars , arrows , justice , energy lawn , jewelry , arts , cars , business , clothing , marketing , consulting , kids , community , IT , delivery , education and various shapes) are some of the sub menus.
- Enough Text Fonts
- Vector quality on the designs.The quality won’t get reduced in any project that you intent to use them.No matter how much you stretch the designs , they are vectors.
- Unlimited usage , no restrictions , no questions , no interruptions.
- Free to use and download as many times as you want 24 / 7.
- Flexible , free to insert your own images and artwork.The function of layers transforms the application in a mini Photoshop.
- In combination with other graphic online applications you can do miracles. (Stay tuned , I am preparing a series of posts)
You might discover a similar logo in another website.1 in a million but you never know.
These logos and designs are ideal for bloggers like me , where quality in the design is not our first priority.This tool might not work for bigger companies or organisations.
Not fully editable elements.We can’t have everything.
What to Expect – Conclusion
I want to be as transparent as I can.With this tool you can create really good quality artwork but do not expect that your logo will stand out of the crowd so easily.The best solution for any business is to pay experts and experienced designers for a custom made logo.But this application can really help out when you start up and your budget is limited.
You can use the logo you created until you can afford to buy a new one in the future.
Of course the application lets you create design elements that can be used alternatively as part of other projects or images.It is not only for logos.You can take examples of my today’s graphics.
You can use the Maker with no restrictions and it is totally free.You have nothing to lose trying it.
I visit the Online Logo Maker pretty often to create mini graphics and use them later as part of bigger projects.The first logo I used for this website was one of their designs.But later on I designed one on my own.I know that I am not a designer but I wanted to keep my work in a very personal and friendly level.Like a test.I hope you like my logo anyway.
Other Free Design Tools
- Fotojet – Create Beautiful Collages
- E-book cover creator
- Picture Quote Maker
That’s it , I hope you will enjoy the Online Logo Maker application.Waiting for your comments.Have you used this app?…What is your favourite app for logos?…Till next time , your online partner.
Create Images Online with Canva
This was a valuable post.
One of the problems that people often find when trying to launch an online business is creating a recognisable logo that they can use to advertise to the world.
Even though it is possible to use freelance designers on sites like 99 designs, e-lance and odesk the prices are often way out of the range of affordability and this is why your post is valuable.
This post teaches people an affordable way to create logos and i think it is a great resource.
You are very kind Braxa , I am so glad you find this resource valuable.This application is a starting point , especially for those that struggle to spend money.Even people with no design skills can create something worthy.You are right , pretty much often custom logo design is an expensive privilege.But those who can afford paying achieve the greatest results.
Thank you for this visit and for your participation in the discussion.
Great find on this free resource! I’m definitely going to have to check out this logo maker! I have tried a few “free” logo makers and some have let me design something, just to ask for money before I could use or download the logo I just made that was supposed to be free! Thank you for sharing!
Welcome Aaron , I am not surprised with your experience and this is something that the owner of this logo maker highlights in his homepage.That he won’t ask you for money to download your project.He only wants traffic , he monetizes with ads or other ways , I suppose.
Thank you for your participation in the comments and I hope you will stay satisfied with this tool.
Wow, this logo creator app is so cool, I love to just keep creating stuff on it. Thank you for posting!
Welcome Pedri , indeed it is an awesome and pretty fast application.Thank you for taking the time to participate in the comments.
I love this article. With my own website, making images and graphics is a main part of the job. I will definitely look into this in helping me to create graphics faster and easier for my site. I enjoy that you put the pros AND cons for the app. It helps me to know that you really took the time to evaluate this product. Thanks!
Welcome Madeline … I am glad you liked my post … so you deal with graphics too.Give this application a try , there is nothing to lose.It helps me , it saves much of my time.
Thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind comments.