Want to step up your email marketing game? That’s a good idea.
Creating professional emails that look great on any device is a must in this digital era.
For that matter, you need beautiful and responsive templates to choose from and intuitive drag n drop builders to ease the process and save tons of time.
We compiled a list of the most reliable solutions in the market.
It’s a list we’ll be updating frequently.
Let’s dive right in!
Email Newsletter Templates & Builders
DesignModo – Postcards
Main slogan: An intuitive email builder for teams and individuals amps up email marketing ideas. Сollaborate with the whole team to bring ideas to the table. From everyone.
Features: rich drag and drop builder allows you to create and customize email marketing templates up to modern standards.
- Drag n drop template builder: Stack desired modules together in order to create a template structure right.
- Edit text and images:
- Export to your favorite ESP (email service provider) (one-click export to Mailchimp, HubSpot, CampaignMonitor, ConstantContact, MailGun, SendWithUs, MoonMail, SalesForce, ConvertKit, Shopify, Marketo, WordPress, or as a plain HTML created)
- 100+ customizable email template modules: Building emails, use our field-tested layouts and customize them to make your campaign stand out.
- Collaborate with teammates
- Version history
- Modular system
- Manage your content
- Project management
- Cloud image hosting
- Unlimited exports
- Google fonts
- Direct email preview
- Clean code
- External image support
- To any device: Our email builder’s design modules have been extensively tested with Litmus and Email On Acid to make sure they render perfectly for any device, email client or a service provider (gmail/inbox, iPhone mail app, iPad mail app, Apple mail, Outlook, Android, Thunderbird, Windows mail, AOL, Tahoo mail, Outlook 2003-2016, Outlook express, Lotus notes 8/8.5, Opera mail, Live mail, Yahoo! mail)
- You can drag and drop design elements into the empty canvas.
- Every element you add to the canvas is a separate section, a block
- When you hover over an element, it shows you what element is that and a “3-dots” icon appear that you can click to customize the element (section)
- You can also copy, duplicate, and delete an element
- All the elements are fully customizable
- You can customize general settings: outer spacing, inner spacing, background color
- You can customize the logo: upload an image, direct URL, width, height, alternate text, logo link
- You can customize the social network icons
- You can customize your menus and add pages from your website
- You can customize all text areas: titles, subtitles, body text
- You can posts (pages from your blog) or landing pages to related modules (elements)
- You can upload icon images or link to specific URL’s on your website
- You can add and edit product images, with prices, buttons
- You can customize the footer that is divided into columns
Free vs premium:
- The premium version unlocks all design elements
- Free members can only use 1 menu element, 1 header, 1 content block, 1 feature, 1 call-to-action, 1 eCommerce, 1 transactional, 1 footer
Free members can see how the locked items look like, so they know exactly what they are getting if they decide to purchase the full license
- Demo license: Create email templates for yourself for non-commercial purposes, limited modules.
- Business license: Create email templates for yourself or your company for commercial purposes.
- Agency license: Create email templates for you and your clients for commercial purposes.
Do not use the postcards app for these purposes:
- Partially or completely sell or share the code of the Postcards on any website or torrent.
- Create templates based on Postcards code for sale on your website or any marketplace.
- Create generators or editors based on the Postcards templates.
- Startup: bootstrap builder
- Slides: website generator
- Static pages: a WordPress plugin
Other departments and resources: blog, tutorials, design, inspiration, resources, freebies, WordPress, job board for web designers and developers, help articles, newsletter.
- Business: $18/mo billed annually or $24/mo
- Agency: $29/mo billed annually or $39/mo
About: Founded in August of 2010 by Andrian Valeanu. Locations: US: Designmodo Inc, 50 N 1st St, 4i. Brooklyn, NY 11249. Europe: Avenida Diagonal 82. 08019 Barcelona, Spain.
DesignModo Video Review
Work Management Tools
Main slogan: Create beautiful emails, easily. Use drag & drop to create emails in minutes. No coding or design skills needed.
- No coding skills required
- Beautiful and responsive
- Save countless hours
- Unlayer studio: full-featured email design studio for designers and agencies
- Unlayer embed: embeddable drag n drop editor for developers and SaaS
Features: Create beautiful, mobile-ready HTML email templates or landing page templates with one‑click. Try our online drag & drop editor and pre-made templates. Forever free.
- Drag n drop
- Dynamic content
- Custom file storage
- Custom tools and blocks
- Undo & redo
- Templates for every need: Start with a blank canvas or kickstart your design process with one of our ready-to-go email templates.
- Manage your templates and collaborate: Share your template with your whole team so they can help you craft the perfect message
- Re-usable custom blocks
- Personalize your emails
- Promote your products
- Custom HTML
- Integrations: ActiveCampaign, Amazon CES, CampaignMonitor, ConstantContact, Gmail, Hubspot, Klaviyo, MailChimp, Sendgrid, Sendinblue.
- To any device: (gmail/inbox, iPhone mail app, iPad mail app, Apple mail, Outlook, Android, Thunderbird, Windows mail, AOL, Tahoo mail, Outlook 2003+, Outlook express, Lotus notes 8/8.5, Opera mail, Live mail, Internet Explorer)
- Abandoned cart, activation, confirmation
- eCommerce, events, newsletter
- Notification, product launch, product promotion
- Thank you, transactional
- Automotive, business services, computer & internet
- Cosmetics, education, electronics
- Fashion, finance, food & beverage
- Health & wellness, HR, manufacturing
- Marketing & design, media & entertainment, news, blog, & magazines
- Nonprofit, others, pets & animal care
- Real estate, sports, transport
- Travel & leisure
Other departments and resources: blog, careers, examples, docs.
Plans Unlayer studio:
- Designer: $15/mo
- Team: $30/mo
There’s a 14-day free trial period.
Plans Unlayer embed:
- Startup: $99/mo
- Business: $199/mo
- Growth: $399/mo
Start Free, Upgrade Anytime. Enterprise and On-Premise plans are also available. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact them.
About: Unlayer is built by a team of passionate engineers based in San Francisco, California. We started as an internal tool in 2015 and then became available for public in 2016.
100,000+ people using it daily, 500,000+ emails designed in a year.
Business & Marketing Tools Collection
Work management, tracking, organizing, payments, accounting, Google, keyword, market, and competition research, SEO, analytics, and related, marketing & advertising, web development, website monitoring, domains & website hosting, coding, and related, design & multimedia, marketplaces, entrepreneurial communities, hiring & outsourcing
Main slogan: Create beautiful emails, fast. BEE is the best drag & drop editor for designing mobile-responsive emails.
- BeeFree: Try our drag-n-drop email editor completely free, for as long as you want. Just select a beautiful email template or start from scratch.
- BeePro: Upgrade from Free to Pro to save, edit, copy, organize, search & export your emails. A “Team” and “Agency” edition provide even more features.
- BeePlugin: Does your application send emails? Embed BEE to give your users an editor they will love. Chosen by hundreds of SaaS applications around the world.
- Free, newsletter, professional
- Small business, nonprofit, notification
- Computer & internet, events, eCommerce set
- Business services, product promotion, health & wellness
- Marketing & design, transactional, welcome series set
- Event set, real estate set, survey management set
- and more
- Drag n drop builder
- Export HTML and images
- Unlimited email
- Hosted images
- Organize in projects
- Email service integrations
- Share, feedback, approval
- Merge tags and special links
- User roles
- Brand settings
- Multiple brands
- Brand restricted access
- Integrations: ActiveCampaign, Amazon CES, CampaignMonitor, ConstantContact, Gmail, Hubspot, Klaviyo, MailChimp, Sendgrid, Sendinblue, MailUp, Acumbamail
- BeePro Freelance: from $15/mo
- BeePro team: from $30/mo
- BeePro agency: from $120/mo
- BeePlugin email editor: free, Startup – $120/mo, Silver $600/mo, Gold $1,800/mo
- BeePlugin page editor: free, startup $120/mo, silver $600/mo, gold $1,800/mo
- BeePlugin bundle: free, startup $199/mo, silver $990/mo, gold 2,990/mo
Other departments and resources: ecosystem, MailUp group, press kit, compare products, design blog, how to use the editor, resources, API docs, careers, help, report a security issue.
About: BEE was born from the expertise of the MailUp team – in business for over fifteen years, it is a major email service provider with over 10,000 paying customers in over 50 countries. MailUp is the first and one of the heaviest users of BEE Plugin for both emails and landing pages, pushing the product to get better every day.
Since 2017, MailUp and BEE are part of the MailUp Group, publicly traded on the Italian stock exchange. This ensures vertical integration, ongoing support for growth and development, financial stability, and all the means we need to keep improving our product.
Cloud Backup, Storage, Hosting
Main slogan: create professional and responsive email templates fast without any HTML skills.
- Email testing tool: preview them across 90+ popular environments, including multiple mobile devices.
- Personal library of custom modules
- Advanced tools for building dynamic AMP emails
- Automated routine process: Generate product cards and other modules automatically by specifying a link to the content or fully automated email creation process by using Stripo API.
- 450+ ready-to-use templates
- Actively developing and stable
- Email clients check
- Preview email screen
- Send test email
- Team collaboration
- Shareable link
- Export to PDF
- Export to HTML
- User-friendly, time-saving
- ESP integrations: Mailchimp, Sendgrid, CampaignMonitor, Outlook, Esputnik, gmail, ConstantContact, and so much more
- Actual, popular, premium, by type, by industry, by seasons, by feature
- Types: abandoned cart, alerts & notifications, apology, cold emails, confirmation, discount, email digest, event reminder, events, follow up, holidays, interactive, internal, invitation, new collection, order, password reset, post purchase, product update, promo, quizzes, retargeting, retention & reactivation, sales, signature, smart elements, survey & feedback, thank you, welcome
- Industries: auto &moto, beauty & personal care, beverages, business, church, construction, design, eCommerce, education, fashion, finance, food, fundraising, furniture, interior, DIY, gadgets, gifts & flowers, handmade, hobbies, hotels, human resources, insurance, jewelry, kids goods, legal, movies, music, nonprofit, organic and eco goods, pets, photographer, publications & blogging, real estate, software & technology, sports, travel, webinars
- Seasons: back to school, birthday, black Friday, chinese new year, chritmas, cyber Monday, diwali, easter, father’s day, global shopping festival, Halloween, hanukkah, independence day, labor day, memorial day, new year, spring, St. patrick’s day, summer, super bowl, valentine’s day, wedding invitation, women’s day, world tourism day
- Features: accordion menu, AMP, carousel, countdown timer, CSS animations, gamification, image rollover, video,
- Business: $12.50/mo or $125/year
- Agency: $40/mo or $400/year
Other departments and resources: blog, plugin, template order, demo editor, gmail promotions builder, help center, plugin API, Stripo API, release notes, report a vulnerability, system status, partner offers.
About: Fellow friends, Dmitry, Alexey, and Andrew decided to create a tool for building professional, sophisticated emails fast with little to no coding skills. This is how the idea of Stripo was born. A few months later, after thorough investigations of what exactly marketers needed, in February 2017, Stripo was rolled out.
231 N Lake Merced Hills, San Francisco, CA 94132, United States.
The Ultimate List
(Buy and Sell Products)
Main slogan: Beautiful emails, made easy. Use drag & drop to create emails in minutes. No coding or design skills needed.
- Topol Free
- Topol Plugin
- Topol Pro
Topol Pro features:
- 3 Team members
- data traffic up to 5GB
- Premium templates and free images
- Unlimited templates
- Merge tags and special links
- Pre-made blocks
- Saved blocks
- HTML blocks
- Automatic saving
- Organize templates
- Unlimited test emails
- Integration with sending platforms: Mailchimp, Sendinblue, Sendy.co, MS Outlook, gmail, HTML 5, JSON
Topol Plugin features:
- Storage options
- Language support
- Image editor
- Predefined custom blocks
- Add TOPOL builder to your marketing, email, online store platform, or CRM to create emails that look great on any email client or device.
- Powered by MJML
- Built on feedback
- Tested on real users
- Topol Free
- Topol Pro: 3 team members $15/mo or $10/mo billed annually, 14-day free trial
- Topol Plugin: plugin10 – 10 users – $20/mo, plugin 50 – 50 users – $60/mo, plugin 1000 – 1000 users – $300/mo, for teams with more than 1000 members contact them, 14-day free trial
Other departments and resources: documentation, blog, FAQ, plugin documentation.
About: Based in Prague, TOPOL is part of the Ecomail group. More than 5,000 European companies are using the Ecomail marketing platform and designing their messages in TOPOL. Just for fun, we decided to release our drag and drop editor on which we were working for couple of years for our own e-mail marketing platform in summer 2017, the new product is called TOPOL. Since we were working on the product for years and thousands of customers were already using it as part of Ecomail, the success was immediate.
The Ultimate List of Multimedia Resources
Images, Graphics, Audio, Video, Animation, Themes, Plugins, Code, Apps, Education, Jobs, Buy & Sell Art
This is just the beginning of an extended catalog. I will keep the thread updated frequently.
In the meantime, check out the other related resources we have in store for you.
That’s it, another article has finished, here on Web Market Support. I’m waiting for your comments and thoughts. Which solution is the most promising? Which one should I add? Till next time.
Tasos Perte Tzortzis
Marketing Consultant, Creator of the "7 Ideals" Methodology
Although doing traditional business offline since 1992, I fell in love with online marketing in late 2014 and have helped hundreds of brands sell more of their products and services. Founder of WebMarketSupport, Muvimag, SummerDream.
I enjoy reading, arts, science, chess, coffee, swimming, Audi, and playing with my kids.