I have already reviewed the Envato Marketplace, a huge resource for design deals, multimedia, website themes, stock photography and more. Envato is divided into sections and these are:
- Envato Market
- Envato Studio
- Envato Tuts+
- Envato Sites
- Envato Elements
Today I am reviewing EnvatoElements and EnvatoTuts+ as both departments are connected.
Envato Elements Review
Envato is one of the leading marketplaces where thousands of creatives meet entrepreneurs, designers, developers, freelancers, and directors. Beyond the multimedia departments, there are educational sections that teach people how to create websites, videos, apps, graphics, and more.
- We Help anyone learn WordPress
- We help marketers build landing pages
- We help designers create websites
- We help developers learn new skills
- We help anyone learn to code
- We help founders create logos
- We help entrep[reneurs create mobile apps
- We help directors add music to film
Envato is based in Melbourne, Australia, but people all over the world participate in the community.
Among their clients, you’ll find TheNextWeb, The New York Times, BRW.
- WordPress (524 themes & plugins). Refine your search by category, properties (responsive, retina-ready), compatibility (visual composer, WooCommerce, WPML, Cornerstone, Layers WP, Gravity Forms, Bootstrap and more), popular, new.
- Photos (business, city, wedding, beach, travel, food, medical, fitness, car, beer, fashion, office, computer, coffee, sports, family, construction, technology, spa, water). You can further refine your search in each department using their tags, orientation (landscape, portrait, square), background (isolated, blurred), colors
- Graphics – Refine your search by category (backgrounds, textures, vectors, patterns, icons, objects, illustrations), applications supported (Photoshop,
illustrator, Sketch, Affinity designer), properties (vector, layered, tileable), popular, new. Totalnumber of items 12,000.
- Add-ons – Refine your search by category (actions and presets, brushes, layer styles), applications supported (Photoshop,
illustrator, Lightroom), popular, new. Totalnumber of items 941.
- Fonts – Refine your search by category (serif, sans-serif, script and handwritten, decorative), spacing (normal, monospace, condensed, expanded), optimum size (large, small, condensed, any size), properties (web font), popular, new.
Totalnumber of items 2,600.
- Graphic templates – Refine your search by category (print, product mockups, websites, UX, UI, infographics, logos, scene generators), color space (RGB, CMYK), orientation (landscape, portrait, square), applications supported (Photoshop,
illustrator, InDesign, Sketch), properties (vector, layered), popular, new. Totalnumber of items 21,000.
- Presentation templates – Refine your search by applications supported (Keynote, Powerpoint), popular, new.
Totalnumber of items 2,000.
- Web templates – Refine your search by category (admin, email, site, landing page), properties (responsive, retina-ready, PSD files included, Sketch files included), popular, new.
Totalnumber of items 1,400.
- CMS templates – Refine your search by category (Drupal, Instapage, Joomla, Magento, Muse, OpenCart, PrestaShop, Shopify, Unbounce, Ghost, Tumblr), properties (eCommerce ready, responsive, retina-ready, PSD files included, Sketch files included), popular, new.
Totalnumber of items 739.
- 3D – Refine your search by popular, new, featured, Total number of items 15,000.
Update – June 28, 2016
2 new departments added
- Video Templates – Categories: broadcast packages, elements, infographics, logo stings, openers, product promo, titles, video displays. Applications supported: After effects, premiere pro, apple motion, final cut pro. You can additionally refine your search by resolution. Total number of items 1,589
- Stock Videos – Categories: Stock footage, motion graphics. Refine your search by resolution. Frame rates: 23.98 fps, 24 fps, 25 fps, 29.97 fps, 30 fps, 60 fps, 60 fps, more than 60 fps. Refine your search by length. Properties: Alpha channel, looped.
Totalnumber of items 60,750.
Update – Nov 14, 2016
2 new departments added
- Music – Categories: Music tracks, logos & idents, background vocals, vocal samples, instrumental, lead vocals, male vocals, female vocals, no vocals, very slow, slow, medium, upbeat, fast, very fast, looped, P.R.O. Total number of items 6,598
- Sound Effects – Categories: Game sounds, transitions & movement, domestic, human, urban, nature, futuristic, interface, cartoon, industrial, sound packs, button menus, misc, looped. Refine your search by length.
Totalnumber of items 75,696.
EnvatoElements comes with an ongoing subscription. When you subscribe you unlock all the 470,000 web, design, and stock assets.
The price is $29/month, or $228/year = $19/month. You save 34%.
The monthly subscription does not give you access to the WordPress themes and plugins. You have access to all the other departments. The yearly subscription unlocks all the items. You can cancel anytime.
Update June 01, 2018: Now the monthly subscription gives access to the WordPress themes and plugins as well.
Another important element is that new items are being added continuously, approximately 4,000 items per week.
The Elements subscription gives you Free access to the EnvatoTuts+ platform (1000+ courses and 240+ eBooks). see below
EnvatoElements makes it very easy. There’s only one license for all the items included in the monthly subscription. You get broad commercial rights.
Each time you download an item, you get an ongoing license for a single, specified use. Want to use an item again? No problem! Visit your downloads and simply register it again for a different end use.
Some common-sense limitations do apply, as set out below:
- You can’t re-sell, or re-distribute items;
- You can’t use items in on-demand services; and
- You generally can’t use items as the basis for merchandising. For example, printing a logo from Elements straight onto a T-shirt is not allowed.
If you unsubscribe, you can’t use items from Envato Elements anymore. But any existing uses that you registered are still covered.
You can get help by selecting a topic:
- Licensing and using items
and by visiting the forums, the blog, popular articles, the FAQ, or by submitting a request.
Becoming an author
Envato Elements offers a new approach to sell high-quality Photos that makes it available to subscribers (customers) via an ongoing subscription plan, whilst supplementing earnings with individual photo licenses sold on PhotoDune.
Authors to Envato Elements share in 50% of the net revenue from subscriptions.
To become a Photos Author on Elements, it all begins with a portfolio submission.
They need to get a sense of your style and creative point of view.
For now, authors are being hand-picked by their content experts
Key Selection Criteria include:
- A consistent and high-quality photo portfolio
- Significant initial volume and/or the ability to upload 50+ photos/month
- Authenticity: Natural light, real people & real expressions, fresh perspective, customizable
Additionally, they run a separate priavet forum for authors.
They are hiring. Benefits highlighted:
- Work from anywhere
- Work and travel
- Flexible hours
- Paid parental leave
- Purchasing leave
- Social events
- Wellness program
- Mentoring program
- Visit Melbourne subsidy
- Office space
- Data analytics specialist – BI – Melbourne
- Data science analyst – Melbourne
- Development operations engineer & elements – Melbourne
- Development operations engineer – Platform team (Q-branch) – Melbourne
- Development team lead – Melbourne
- Finance business partner – Melbourne
- Junior SEM specialist – 6 months contract – Melbourne
- Paid acquisition manager – Melbourne
- Paid growth strategist – Melbourne
- Ruby developer – content group – Melbourne
- Ruby developer – conversion – Melbourne
- Ruby developer – customer group – Melbourne
- Ruby developer – platform group – Melbourne
- SEM specialist – Melbourne
- Social media acquisition specialist – Melbourne
- Social media specialist – Melbourne
- Talent acquisition specialist – Melbourne
- UX designer – Melbourne
- Web analyst – Melbourne
Envato Tuts+ helps you learn creative skills and shape the life you want.
As part of Envato’s creative ecosystem, Envato Tuts+ contributes to the mission of “helping people learn and earn online”. People transform themselves and their lives by learning creative skills and earning money selling their creations or services to the world.
Whether your day job is creative or not, life is better when you learn and apply creative skills regularly. To do this is satisfying in its own right and a practical investment in your future.
Their unique approach:
- Self-directed learning
- Creative skills for all
- A world of opportunity
From humble beginnings in 2007 with some tutorials on freelancing and Photoshop, they expanded to a network of 15 educational blogs, each with their own brand, website, and editorial team. In 2011 Envato Tuts+ Premium was added, with subscription-based access to video courses, eBooks, and more. In 2014 they combined all 16 sites into one big friendly place, Envato Tuts+.
Today Envato Tuts+ is a leading publisher of online tutorials and courses for self-directed learners to develop creative skills.
1000+ video courses, 240+ eBooks, no ads on all 24,000+ tutorials. If you subscribe to EnvatoElements you have free access to the Tuts+ platform.
Separately the Tuts+ platform costs $29/month.
Design, illustration, web design, code, photo, video, business, and more.
A Book Apart, Smashing Magazine, and many more publishers.
Customize your projects with:
Photos, fonts, icons, backgrounds, graphics, illustrations, web templates, add-ons, product mockups.
Popular on Tuts+ (examples)
- 10 essential design tips in Adobe illustrator
- How to build a WordPress portfolio website in 1 hour
- How to create an online store with Shopify
- Modern Javascripfundamentalsls.
- Mastering logo design in Adobe Illustrator
- Creative typography
- PHP fundamentals
- HTML basics
- How to create an animated watercolor photo reveal for Instagram stories in Photoshop
- How I learned to stop worrying and love the capitalization tool
- Transitioning from Adobe illustrator to Affiniti Designer
- 22 modern and unique wedding invites
- WordPress plugin development cookbook – 2nd edition
- Python microservices development
- Mastering Drupal 8
- Expert Angular 4
- Bootstrap 4 – responsive web design
- Android wear projects
I absolutely enjoy the Envato Elements service. Although I’m not a designer, their huge collection of multimedia and files makes it easy for me to create projects for my websites and clients. All the items are carefully designed and produced and this is why Envato hires only the best creatives.
Envato is my go-to place for landing page elements, graphics, icons, and multimedia. High-quality, support, community, blog, forum, education. All under one roof.
The subscription plan is extremely affordable and with only $29 or $19 per month, you have access to the entire library, instead of paying separately for graphics, themes, and plugins. There are graphics that sell for $29 or $39 alone, there are themes that cost $49 or more, why paying for them separately?
It’s an ideal marketplace for designers, freelancers, and companies that need multimedia on an ongoing basis.
Envato offers an opportunity for authors and creatives to sell their products and share their revenue while being exposed to a huge audience.
And it’s a company that constantly evolves…They always add new departments to the subscription-based model. I believe their future is bright
All in all, a very competitive subscription that you should check right now!
And now let me reveal my special bonuses, as I promised a little earlier.
By using these bonuses, it’s like having a discount on your membership. And it’s a huge discount.
If you’re thinking of subscribing to Envato Elements then I guess you want to sell something online.
And here is how I can help you with this.
This is what I do since 2015. I help brands sell more of their products and services. So, I can help you with your marketing if you decide to subscribe to Envato through my links.
These bonuses are my gift to you.
Bonus #1 (REAL VALUE $47) – 1 lead generation campaign on your website to help you capture leads and subscribers
Bonus #2 (REAL VALUE $97) – 1 email drip campaign that follows the lead magnet from the previous bonus. This email campaign will turn a part of your new subscribers into customers and fans
Bonus #3 (REAL VALUE $97) – 1 Google Ads campaign to help you sell your services and artwork online. This campaign will target the very best of your ideal prospects. The moment they are interested in buying this exact service you’re selling, your ad will lead them to your landing page that will convert them into buyers.
That’s it, another review has finished, here on Web Market Support. I am waiting for your comments and thoughts. Till next time.
Tasos Perte Tzortzis
Marketing Consultant, Creator of the "7 Ideals" Methodology
Although doing traditional business offline since 1992, I fell in love with online marketing in late 2014 and have helped hundreds of brands sell more of their products and services. Founder of WebMarketSupport, Muvimag, SummerDream.
I enjoy reading, arts, science, chess, coffee, tea, swimming, Audi, and playing with my kids.
Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. For more information, I refer you to the disclaimer page.
4 years and not a problem. I call BS!
I have had a lot of benefits from Envato elements but the lack of support from site themes, missing files, and filtering problems makes me think you have barely even used anything from the site.
I have asked for feature requests and committed bugs of which nothing has been done for years. They are pretty useless in terms of support and development.
I’ve been using it since it’s inception. The only nice new addition are the 20m stock photos. But the lack of support for anything web related means most of the templates are pretty useless, in terms of production time, requiring lots of fiddling and many frustrating nights.
However, EE is very beneficial compared to any other platform in terms of cost. For everything you get, it does make it worth it despite my above gripes.
Thanks for letting me know about your experience. However, I’ve never had any problem with their files and I’ve used many of them. There was nothing missing. Also, I never had to request support so I really can’t tell how good they are at providing support. I only judged their artwork which I find high-quality, enough for my needs and the subscription’s price.
Good luck with your projects!
It might be true that there are many assets that are outdated, but there are also some new assets, for example the Instagram Stories templates. It depends in what are you looking for, but Envato Elements it is way better than spending money on each template sold in Envato Market, that’s my opinion. I’m happy with Envato Elements.
Thanks Carlos for sharing your experience with Envato. I watch this company closely for the last years and I think they do provide new assets very frequently. Also, I prefer Elements over the Market as well for the reason you mentioned.
All the best
At least give an honest review. Elements is just the garbage that gets reported from their main marketplace or old outdated stuff that doesn’t sell anymore. Just using logic, try to think about why a company would give away so many graphics at such a low price. Package files always seem to be incomplete and file formats are almost always missing. If you find a graphic you like, don’t expect to have an .AI version as that’s almost unheard of on Elements. It ends up wasting more time than it saves.
The fact that you don’t like a company does not mean my review is not honest. My review as all WMS reviews is honest and is based on my personal experience with Envato for the last 3 years. I did not receive anything incomplete nor I found any files missing from their artwork.
Just because someone has a different opinion that does not make your opinion stronger.
I really like the idea of paying 14.50EUR/month to have access to 840K files. I am sure there are others who enjoy this offer as much as I do. You just sound like an Envato competitor.
Anyway, thanks for stopping by, all the best!