Today I am bringing you another resource of royalty free images that you can add to your arsenal.I have already published a collection of my top sites in a previous post.
Pexels – Free Stock Images & Videos for Websites
All images at Pexels are free to use both for personal and commercial purposes under the Creative Commons (CC0) license.Right now there are about 5,000 photos to choose from but they will be adding 600 photos every month.
There is an option to upload your own photos or donate to help the site moving forward, but that totally depends on you, no attribution is necessary whatsoever.
You can browse new images on their front page by scrolling down.Additionally, you can use the search function or the categories section.
- Nature – Beach – Flower
- Black & White – Cities
- Dog – Deserts, Cars
- Christmas – People – Business
- Landscape – Winter – Technology
- Sunset – Desktop wallpapers
Some of the images come from other stock sites, like Unsplash or Pixabay.Some belong to their users and uploaders.
Every image names the resource and there are various dimensions available to choose from.You can even set your own preferences.
If you subscribe to their bi-monthly newsletter you will receive 40 exclusive photos.
Free Stock Videos
Many of the videos in that department come from Coverr.They are awesome and they can be used either as header’s background loop or as part of your video mixes.But they deliver videos from other sources as well.
The list is pretty extended, I was not expecting that and there is an option to select from their categories.
- CSS Clip Path Demos – Clip path is a CSS3 feature…
- Pexels 2.0 – How Pexels got started one year ago …
- Inspiring video headers and more…
The Design Break
The slogan here says …”Take a break from work”…
Games For Designers – An Arcade-Like Version
- Shoot the Sheriff – shoot only the sheriff fonts…Cool, 3 on 3 right shots but run out of time … damn
- The Bezier game – to master the pen tool – Terrible loss…I need to improve
- The rather difficult typo game
- What the Hex?
- Logo design quiz – Very difficult, I had to guess companies names by seeing logos…No way
The scientific 7-minute workout.This is a very entertaining feature.You watch a vector element silhouette doing exercises that may inspire you and do the same.
Random UX Myths – Graphics will make a page element more visible and more.This is like a micro blog.
Documentaries for Designers
Dictionary of design slang – Terms like “Above the fold”, “Brainstorm session”, “Do whatever you want”
What color is it? … Here they display a color number (eg…#045749), it counts down and the color on your screen changes to show you the corresponding one.Very nice, as you are getting familiar with the codes.
I picked this one …“If Google was a guy”
Indeed this Design Break section is very well constructed.I am sure designers will have fun along the way.
If you are interested in getting access to their API in order to integrate their photos you can contact them via email.There are instructions on their settings and restrictions.
Pexels has become one of my favorite destinations.Plenty of images and videos.What else would you be waiting for?…
- The Ultimate List of Multimedia Resources
- InfoGraphic: 17 Awesome Websites for Free Stock Images
- Track free stock images with LibreStock search engine
- All the Free Stock Media for Websites in One Place
- Free Images on Dreamy Pixel
- Skuawk – Free public domain photos
- EveryPixel – Filter out bad images results
- BlogPiks – Stuart Miles collection
I hope you will enjoy their collection…Waiting for your comments and thoughts.Till next time, your online partner.
Royalty Free Images