I am always on a hunt for awesome online applications, especially for media production. They make our efforts easier and can save us “Time”, the most valuable asset. Lately, I came across a video maker that looks very similar to PowToon. So here I am investigating the program for you.
They say…the world’s simplest video maker, make animation completely online in minutes
Want to make a great video?…we make it super simple. You can choose your own colors and music. Add your text, there are hundreds of choices. Then add your website URL and your logo, and you’re done.!
Types of Videos
- Advertising, animation
- Business, cartoon
- Corporate, explainer
- Infographic, intros & outros
- Presentations, promo
- Social media
- Video marketing, YouTube
- Choose a style: animated, live action or photo scenes in lots of different styles or use a template
- Use your own content: text, photos, colors, customize and edit on a simple drag and drop timeline
- Choose a soundtrack: they have a large library of high-quality music. All tracks are hand-picked
- Do anything: advertise your business, make presentations, invitations or introductions, animate your logo or make a cool slideshow
- Share it with anyone, anywhere
- Animals & pets, art & culture, business & services
- Cars & motorcycles, design & photography, education & books
- Electronics, entertainment, games & nightlife
- Fashion & beauty, food & restaurant, holidays, gifts & flowers
- Home & family, medical (healthcare), real estate
- Society & people, sports, outdoors & travel, weddings
- Infographics, presentations
Additionally, there are many example videos from which you can get unlimited inspiration.
Let’s create an advertising video
There are pre-made images/video scenes where you can enter text and choose the font. The timeline is divided into scenes. Any scene can be duplicated, deleted or switched with another one.
You can upload your own image, for example, your logo.
Next step is to choose the color from a palettes range. Then you pick up an audio track from the drop-down menu. The last step is to preview the video. It takes 4-5 minutes to complete.
Then you can upload it to YouTube or you can embed it on your website using the HTML snippet. Moreover, you can share it on social media
Alternative Method – Creating a Video from scratch
Pick a scene
- Animation: Pattern, bear, clay, frank, hands, infographic, image, isometric, people & signs, robot, effects
- Footage: Free scenes (233) & premium: abstract, business & technology, food, backgrounds, people, travel
- Upload an image, it can be one of your own
I picked 3 animation scenes and 1 footage. I entered the text, chose the color, the audio track and pressed “Publish”. Here is the outcome…It took me less than 2 minutes to fill in the blanks and 4 additional minutes for the maker to finalize the project.
2 available plans
- Free: HD TV quality videos, publish to YouTube, unlimited videos
- Premium: $99/year, includes – 85,000 stock footage clips, no logo/watermark, download to your computer, upload your own footage, privacy controls plus all the features of the Free plan
Getting started with BiteAble: tips and tricks. 3 articles by Emily Howman
- How do I make a video?
- Tips for using BiteAble
- What sort of videos can I make?
Creating your video, 21 articles by Emily. Here are a few examples
- Move or delete scenes
- Change the background
- Change the speed, the font
Sharing your video, 10 articles by Emily.
- Share on social media
- Embed on WordPress
- Embed on Wix
- Embed on Weebly
The account, 4 articles by Izaak
- How many videos can I make?
- Can I change my password
Billing questions answered
Owners – Domain
By performing a whois search I uncover the registration date for the domain biteable.com, 18 December 2004. The owners are using privacy protection.
The application is very easy to use, a perfect tool, especially for beginners.
The main tab, the timeline, is where you edit the scenes. There are many graphics and animated templates from which you can choose. The audio library is great, I was not expecting to find out so many audio tracks available.
But the video production options are somehow limited. Every scene is a mini video footage in which you can display text or not. But you can’t proceed with additional changes. The only thing you can do is add scenes, one next to another and add the text. The transitions are pre-built and you can’t change or affect them in any way.
Another application that I had reviewed in the past, PowToon, is a much more sophisticated application. There, the video editing options are extended even for free memberships. For example, you can add icons and mini images on the canvas. You set the duration on any element, you can affect the transitions. But the upgraded version of PowToon is more expensive. Also, PowToon does not have such a huge audio library.
Generally, I am very satisfied with BiteAble. You can create beautiful videos in minutes and this is very important as video is the most difficult media that can be produced.
You have nothing to lose, the Free version does not expire and you can create and embed/share as many videos as you like. The only thing you can’t do is download them. So go on and test BiteAble, and keep on practicing.
- The Ultimate List of Multimedia Resources
- How to make money online selling arts & multimedia
- How to make money online as a designer
Other Video Applications I Use
That’s it, another review has finished, here on Web Market Support. I hope you enjoy the app as much as I do. I am waiting for your comments and thoughts. Till next time, your online partner.