Are you a fan of numbers like me? Numbers don’t lie, right?
I came across the science of Statistics at the University and although the class was tough, maybe the toughest, I realized its importance.
Without this data, these numbers, we are not sure where we are going, we are not sure if are doing the right thing.
Whether it’s about business, the environment, health, energy, media, sports, real estate, travel, population, we need the numbers to visualize reality and to better understand the future so we are able to shape a strategy according to our goals and objectives.
We compiled a list of reliable sources that you can use to gather important statistics, charts, infographics, and other media about any domain.
We’ll be updating this list frequently.
Let’s dive right in!
Websites With Statistics
Main slogan: global No 1 business data platform. Insights and facts across 170 industries and 150+ countries.
Industries – categories:
- Advertising & marketing
- Chemicals & resources
- consumer goods & FMCG, eCommerce, economy & politics
- Energy & environment, finance & insurance, health, pharma, & medtech
- Internet, life, media, metals & electronics
- Real estate, retail & trade, services, society
- Sports & recreation, technology & telecommunications
- Transportation & logistics, travel, tourism, & hospitality
- Digital & trend reports
- Industry reports
- Brands & company reports
- Consumer reports
- Politics & society reports
- Country reports
- Consumer market
- Digital market
- Mobility market
- Technology market
- Advertising & media
- Publication finder: find studies from all around the internet
- Company DB: key company figures at a glance
- Business plan export: data sets for your business plan
- The statistics portal
- research and analysis: customized research & analysis projects, market research and market data modelling, quick analysis with our professional research service, ask statists, unique content meets design, whitepaper configurator
- Content & information design: customized infographics service, presentation design, animated videos, whitepapers, eBooks, etc
- eCommerceDB: KPIs for more than 20K online stores: rankings by country, rankings by category
- Global survey
- Help & FAQ
- Media partners
About: Within just a few years, Statista managed to establish itself as a leading provider of market and consumer data. Over 900 visionaries, experts and doers continuously reinvent Statista, thereby constantly developing successful new products and business models.
2M+ registered users, 12M+ visits per month, 22,5K+ renowned sources, 1M+ statistics, 80K+ topics, 170 industries.
Locations: Hamburg, London, New York, Paris, Singapore, Amsterdam, Tokyo, other.
Some 800 employees (of more than 900 in total) from over 57 nations work at our headquarters located at the Brahms Kontor, a splendid Art Deco building with an extraordinary atmosphere.
Work Management Tools
Main slogan: Research and data to make progress against the world’s largest problems.
3125 charts across 297 topics, All free: open access and open source.
- Demographic change
- Food & agriculture
- Energy and environment
- Innovation and technological change
- Poverty and economic development
- Living conditions, community and wellbeing
- Human rights and democracy
- Violence and war
- Education and knowledge
- Sustainable development goals tracker
- How to use
- Latest publications
- All charts
About: a project of the Global Change Data Lab, a registered charity in England and Wales (Charity Number 1186433).
Poverty, disease, hunger, climate change, war, existential risks, and inequality: The world faces many great and terrifying problems. It is these large problems that our work at Our World in Data focuses on.
Business & Marketing Tools Collection
Work management, tracking, organizing, payments, accounting, Google, keyword, market, and competition research, SEO, analytics, and related, marketing & advertising, web development, website monitoring, domains & website hosting, coding, and related, design & multimedia, marketplaces, entrepreneurial communities, hiring & outsourcing
Main slogan: Live world statistics on population, government and economics, society and media, environment, food, water, energy and health.
- World population: current population, births this year, births today, deaths this year, deaths today, net population growth this year, net population growth today
- Government & economics: public healthcare & education & military expenditure, cars produced, bicycles produced, computers produced
- Society & media: new books titles, newspapers circulated, TV sets sold, cellular phones sold, money spent on videogames, internet users in the world, emails sent, blog posts written, tweets sent, google searches
- Environment: undernourished people, overweight people, obese, people who died of hunger, money spent for obesity, money spent on weight loss
- Water: water used, deaths caused by water-related diseases, people with no access to a safe drinking water source
- Energy: used today, non-renewable sources, renewable sources, solar energy striking Earth, oil pumped, oil left, days to the end of oil, natural gas left, days to the end of natural gas, coal left, days to the end of coal
- Health: communicable disease deaths, seasonal flu deaths, deaths of children under 5, abortions, death of mothers during birth, HIV/AIDs infected people, deaths caused by HIV/AIDS, deaths caused by cancer, malaria, by smoking, by alcohol, cigarettes smoked, suicides, money spent on illegal drugs, road traffic accident fatalities
About: Worldometer is run by an international team of developers, researchers, and volunteers with the goal of making world statistics available in a thought-provoking and time relevant format to a wide audience around the world. It is published by a small and independent digital media company based in the United States. We have no political, governmental, or corporate affiliation. Furthermore, we have no investors, donors, grants, or backers of any type. We are completely independent and self-financed through automated programmatic advertising sold in real time on multiple ad exchanges.
Cloud Backup, Storage, Hosting
Main slogan: understand the world.
- 3,200 indicators – 632,000 series
- World bank – 345,000 series
- FAO – 190,000 series
- ILO – 60,000 series
- UN – 30,000 series
- Agriculture, forestry, and fisheries
- Culture and communication
- Development, economy and finance
- Education, environment and energy
- External trade, gender, wealth
- Income-wages, labour, population
- Population of localities, poverty, public policy
- Research and development, tourism, transport, violence-crimes
- Localities population
- Useful links: national statistical offices, international organisations
About: gives free and easy access to data provided by International Organisations, such as the World Bank, the United Nations and Eurostat. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
The Ultimate List
(Buy and Sell Products)
UNSD – Statistics Division
Main slogan: The United Nations Statistics Division is committed to the advancement of the global statistical system.
- Development indicators
- Geospatial information
- Population and society
- Open SDG data hub, monthly bulletin of statistics online
- SDG indicators global database, UN comtrade
- National accounts main aggregates
- Join organisations data initiative
- Disability statistics database
- Population census datasets
- Population and vital statistics report
- Demographic yearbook system
- Minimum set of gender indicators
- UNSD questionnaires
- Big data for official statistics
- Country and area codes
- Data quality
- Good practices database
- Household surveys
- Integrated economic statistics
- National and international data sources and links
- Statistical classifications
- Statistical commission groups
- Statistical principles
- Statistical commission
- UN world data forum
- World statistics day
- Featured databases
- UNSD work programme: statistical classifications, big data for official statistics, development indicators, demographic and social statistics, gender, industry, trade, tourism, national accounts, energy, environment, environmental-economic accounting
About: We compile and disseminate global statistical information, develop standards and norms for statistical activities, and support countries’ efforts to strengthen their national statistical systems. We facilitate the coordination of international statistical activities and support the functioning of the United Nations Statistical Commission as the apex entity of the global statistical system.
Statistics Division, United Nations, New York, NY 10017, United States of America.
The Ultimate List of Multimedia Resources
Images, Graphics, Audio, Video, Animation, Themes, Plugins, Code, Apps, Education, Jobs, Buy & Sell Art
This is just the beginning of an extended catalog. I will keep the thread updated frequently.
In the meantime, check out the other related resources we have in store for you.
That’s it, another article has finished, here on Web Market Support. I’m waiting for your comments and thoughts. Which website is the most interesting? Which one should I add? Till next time.
Tasos Perte Tzortzis
Marketing Consultant, Creator of the "7 Ideals" Methodology
Although doing traditional business offline since 1992, I fell in love with online marketing in late 2014 and have helped hundreds of brands sell more of their products and services. Founder of WebMarketSupport, Muvimag, SummerDream.
I enjoy reading, arts, science, chess, coffee, swimming, Audi, and playing with my kids.