You know the procedure.Someone invites you to join a new lucrative opportunity at almost no costs with the potential to become a millionaire.So here I am investigating the offer.
What exactly is My 1 Dollar Business?
As described on the official website …”an easy YES”..”The system helps people succeed.Nearly everyone has $1 to spare and that system can take you automatically up to hundreds of thousands in potential monthly income and provide valuable benefits without any extra work…”..
Well, not exactly, the systems are not the reason that people become rich, is the hard work…If we relied on the endless systems out there everyone should be a millionaire by now.
Continuing…the company makes a comparison…Worst deal – Best deal
- Join for $1 and pay $1 per month
- Receive grocery and non food coupons, apps, personal development modules…
- You spend $1 and save hundreds … are you willing to risk $1?
- Refer 2 people for $1, earn $0.25 per referral, move through the 4 phases
- Benefits, pay the bill / utilities / car / mortgage
- Earn up to $10,000 per month, 5 star luxury vacation, share revenue with the company
Let’s see… can this hyped ad survive the test?
Deeper Inside…the Compensation Plan
My 1 Dollar Business is in pre-launch mode now and seeking for participants to enter the market dynamically.
The company uses a 2 X 10 Matrix, placing 2 affiliates “wide” under you in the first level and going “deep” 10 levels with a total of 1024 people in your organisation.And there are 5 stages, 1 pre-phase and 4 phases.The potential income can be seen as presented by the company in the screenshot.
Direct referral bonus 20%
You receive 20% for your direct referrals plus 5% when they fall in your 2×10 team. It doesn’t matter what level they fall on, 1 through 10. If you personally referred them, then you get the 20% monthly
Plus team overrides 5%
You receive 5% for any membership referred by you or someone else when the sale falls in your team. Just be sure you have at least 2 personally referred active referrals to qualify.
Other rules (qualification for the next phases take place every week – Saturday Midnight central time zone)
- Step 1 to Phase 1 – Costs $10 per month – Personally refer 2 members and you automatically qualify for phase 1
- Step 2 to Phase 2 – Costs $20 per month – Having at least 2 personally referred members and a total of 10 in your team – Level up to Phase 2
- Step 3 to Phase 3 – Costs $50 per month – Having at least 20 members in your team (no matter who refers them) qualifies you for Phase 3
- Step 4 to Phase 4 – Costs $100 per month – Having at least 50 members in your team (no matter who refers) you automatically level up to Phase 4
- Step 5 – Luxury Vacation 7 nights – Refer 10 members, get to Phase 4, help those 10 do the same (refer 10 and phase 4) to get a vacation in a 5 star resort.
Other Bonuses and special perks
- Leaders special recognition with prizes and bonuses
- Leaders free luxury 7 night vacation $1899 value
- Super Affiliates – 100 Club
The My 1 Dollar Business Sell Leads
Almost 1 person for $1…Interviewed people that expressed interest in home based businesses.
- 10 people – $10
- 25 people – $20
- 50 people – $35
Final Words – Various Scenarios
The initial $1 fee seems like a no-brainer making the recruiting game easier for many people however there are some things to consider before joining.
It only takes 2 personal referrals for $1 to qualify for all 10 levels of the Matrix and then to qualify for the 4 phases of the program.But in order to receive commissions from a certain phase your referrals should be on that stage too.
I believe the comp plan hides some traps…for that matter I will proceed with a couple of hypothetical scenarios…Let’s examine the first one
- You personally refer 2 people during your first week, or even the second, does not matter that much.
- The system automatically advances you for the phase 1, now the cost per month has raised from $1 to $10.
- The next 2 weeks you don’t manage to refer any member, but those you have already referred let’s say they refer 8 people in total.
- You have 2 referred members and 10 people in total in your organisation and now you meet the criteria to qualify for the next phase.And the system will proceed with that change.The cost per month increases again, from $10 to $20.And you are not able to make a profit yet.
- You see what I mean?…if you don’t manage to recruit efficiently and continuously … you minimise the possibilities for profit.
Another hypothetical example..
- You refer 2 people, then 1 of those is almost inactive but paying the monthly $1 fee.You advance for the Phase 1….
- The 2nd referral manages to refer 8 people in just one week and you only referred 1 more. and now that puts you on Phase 2 (monthly cost $20)…The 2nd referral will follow at Phase 2 (he only needs 2 more people in his team but he has 8 referrals to bring him in 2), but the first referral won’t…So that means you earn Phase commissions only from the 2nd referral, and as you are not able to recruit more people you just pay more in order to participate.
What I understand as key ingredient of the comp plan is that….
The low initial fee will make it easier for affiliates to get sign ups and referrals.But in the long run this might proved harmful for you if you can’t recruit consistently….For example from Phase 2 to Phase 3 is 10 people more.Those 10 people will join for just $1 but the fast / easy recruiting process will advance you for the next phases increasing your total monthly costs.If those you recruited manage to refer people but only qualify for 1 phase and then they abandon you begin to getting burned.Your team will be growing but as they only pay $1 fees you can not cover the costs, unless you manage to personally refer more and more … and more people.
- Phase 1 – Costs $10 per month – Personally refer 2 members
- Phase 2 – Costs $20 per month – 10 in your team
- Phase 3 – Costs $50 per month – 20 members in your team (no matter who refers them)
- Phase 4 – Costs $100 per month – 50 members in your team
If the system was 100% ethical it would advance only those that are in profit, such profit that could cover the next Phase increased cost at least 3 times fold.Or it could give you the chance to upgrade whenever you want.
The system’s main priority is the company and not the hard working distributors, that not only promote the opportunity, the vast majority of them (not recruiting machines / newcomers / not enough connections / experience)…won’t even get paid.A great way for a company to overcome huge employees (sales reps) costs while at the same time collect money like a bank cashier…And distributors get only 1 / 4…..while their monthly costs increase by X 10… X 2…X 2.5… X 2 times the initial $1 fee.
And now a positive example where you make profit….is there really one?
You refer 1 in the first week (to avoid automatic level up) and then 4 more referrals the 4th week, 5 in total for the first month and then qualify to Phase 1.You only paid $1 so far and you reach out for your credit card to give another $10 for the next Phase 1 month.
Your commission is only 25% of 5$ = $1.25…Now you pay another $10+$1 = $11 – $1.25 = $9.75 (cost so far)
Let’s say 2 of your referrals manage to refer 5 people each during the first week (your second month’s 1st week).10 more people in your team and you qualify for Phase 2.From these 10 people you only get 5%…10 X $1 = $10 X 5% = $0.5…But these 2 personal referrals will …let’s say…qualify for the Phase 2 (as they referred 5 who they will bring 5 more) your commission on these 2 referrals is (Their $20 + $20 Phase 2 fees = $40 X 25% = $10)…..Now you will be charged an additional $20 + $9.75 (Phase 1) = $30 (out of your pocket…with 15 people in your team you lose money???)
You promote like a madman reaching out to 10 more personal referrals (15 in total personally referred by you)…Ding Dang…Phase 3 = $50 monthly….Let’s see your earnings…..15 people X $1 X 25% = $3.75..plus the Phase 2 commissions $10 = $13.75
…..in $13.75 ….. out $1 + $10 + $20 + $50….Are you kidding me?….you managed to refer 15 people who only paid $1 and the company is getting rich out of you alone by increasing the monthly cost 10 times X the first month, then X 2 times, then X 2.5 times and then X 2 times…And the team is growing with no results.
How many of those 15 personal referrals will continue to level up the phases?
You manage to level up to Phase 4, the last one.You have ie…120 team members with 30 personally referred out of them.From the 30 personal referrals 5 out of them reach out to phase 4….3 to Phase 3…7 to Phase 2 … 10 to Phase 1 … 5 can’t recruit anyone or 1…
- 5 (Phase 4) members X $100 X 25% = $125
- 3 (Phase 3) members X $50 X 25% = $37.5
- 7 (Phase 2) members X $20 X 25% = $35
- 10 (Phase 1) members X $10 X 25% = $25.
- 5 (pre-stage) members X $1 X 25% = $1.25
- 90 team (not personally referred) members X $1 X 5% = $4.5 …Total approximately $230.
How much time would you think it will take you to get 5 referrals to the last stage with you???…at least 3 months…and you already paid $300 + $50 + $20 + $10 + $1….And now all these 130 team members will bring in more people for just $1 filling up the 1024 members matrix.
Everyone pays, the owner’s getting richer and you knock your head on the wall trying to understand what happened….It was a $1 opportunity
You see…there is not even one positive scenario…
….Only if you manage to refer 300 people at once (in one month) getting paid from 30 out of them at Phase 4
30 (Phase 4) members X $100 X 25% = $750…and the Matrix is filled in the blink of an eye from the referrals of your 300 personal referrals….
Another extreme scenario is that you recruit like a machine and no one else does,…but even in that case, you won’t receive Phase commissions.Only $0.25 per person…
There are products offered (not yet detailed announced) but strictly for the affiliates of the company.There are no retail products for external customers.However the company mentions…
…”We offer valuable products and services that retail for a higher value than you pay. These include Membership benefits programs, 24-hour roadside assistance, family legal plan, 24-hour shopping concierge, worldwide travel program, worldwide condo program, tax deduction software, vacations, personal development success modules and more”….
…”We will also be adding a wonderful store for you to refer customers to where they purchase a variety of in-demand products and services including health, beauty and hot technologies….”
What are these products exactly remains a mystery and I can’t see any connection with the company in general and the MLM comp plan.And this is not what I call full transparency.When you are in pre-launch mode and you want people to subscribe and start promoting your company you need to have a full plan in place with all the necessary details, more importantly with a list of the retail products.
That all mean this company will eventually die out if it is based solely on recruitment of new affiliates who do the same.Like all Ponzi pyramid schemes.
The conclusion is all yours….
How to Promote any Company (including My 1 Dollar Business)
Although I do not recommend that you join this company you might however want to promote it in order to see what happens when you are “Inside”…But if you get to Phase 4 without earnings and only pay the monthly fees please stop….But this is how the company makes money out of all those that will eventually stop.
If you are a newcomer starting out with an MLM company is not a very wise choice.You need sales skills, basic marketing knowledge and a strong online presence with a website….Offline connections are not enough and talking to friends and family is embarrassing .
If you want to create a brand name for the years to come you can follow the path I took….
You will be building websites / adding content, promoting any company / products around the globe without paying membership fees and by creating your own products / services you will get your business to the next level.
For that matter I suggest you test out my top recommended platform to get the knowledge and all the necessary tools.
That’s it, another review has finished, here on Web Market Support….I am waiting for your comments and thoughts….I am very curious if anyone will be successful with that company…Till next time, your online partner.