Last Updated: July 02, 2018
I love the web applications that can save me time and help me create beautiful images on the go and share them via my social networks. We have discussed about Canva, the Online Logo Maker and how we can use both tools to produce artwork for our sites, blogs or social accounts.
Free & Premium Design Tool
Slogan: Create online graphics in a snap. Whip up graphics for social media, ads, blogs, and more without Photoshop or graphic designers. Over 3 million images have been created using Snappa.
Snappa has been featured in Leadpages, QuickSprout, Forbes, Inc, SemRush. Founded in 2015. Location: Ottawa, Canada. Founders: Christopher Gimmer, Marc Chouinard.
Snappa runs an additional side project, called StockSnap, which is a resource of royalty free images that you can use for both personal and commercial projects at no cost. More importantly, no attribution is required.
With the Snappa application, you can create visual projects using photos of StockSnap or any other images from external sites, or by uploading your own.
You can create:
- Banners, eBook covers, Facebook cover photos
- Google+ covers, Infographics, social media graphics
- Soundcloud banners, Twitch banners, Twitter headers
- YouTube channel art, YouTube thumbnails
- Multiple image dimensions
- Pre-made templates
- Find free high-res stock photos
- Add text, graphics, and effects in seconds
- Schedule and share your graphics instantly
- Resize graphics in a couple of clicks
- Social Media Posts: Facebook post (1200 x 900 px), Twitter (1024 x 512 px), LinkedIn (744 x 400 px), YouTube thumbnail (1280 x 720 px), Instagram (1080 x 1080 px), Pinterest (735 x 1102 px)
- Blogging & Infographics: Blog featured image (1200 x 600 px), Blog image (750 x 750 px), Infographic (800 x 2000 px), eBook cover (1410 x 2250 px)
- Headers: Facebook cover (820 x 312 px), Twitter (1500 x 500 px), YouTube channel art (2560 x 1440 px), Google+ cover (2120 x 1192 px), email header (600 x 200 px)
- Social Media Ads: Facebook Ad Link (1200 x 628 px), Facebook Ad Carousel (600 x 600 px), Twitter lead generation card (1600 x 400 px), Twitter website card (1600 x 640 px), LinkedIn sponsored Ad (1200 x 627 px)
- Display Ads: Medium rectangle (300 x 250 px), Rectangle (180 x 150 px), Leaderboard (728 x 90 px), Wide skyscraper (160 x 600 px), Fimstrip (300 x 600 px), Pushdown (970 x 90 px), Billboard (970 x 250 px)
The Free membership does not unlock all templates & images
How to Make Money Online as a Designer
Visual Action is Required – Examples
Social Media Posts
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. All sorted with the appropriate pre-set dimensions so that you can easily proceed.
You can create custom dimensions if you want.
Twitter Post – 1025 x 512 px … here 512 x 256
Facebook, Twitter, Rectangles, Leaderboard and Wide Scraper
Leaderboard 728 x 90 px (Full)
Blog Featured Image – 1200 x 600 px (full) – Here 400 x 200
Email, Twitter Cover, Facebook Cover
Facebook 851 x 315 px (Full)
Infographics (800 x 2000) px (full)
E-book Covers (666 x 1063) px
How It Works – Features
The process is simplified. You just select a project and press “Create a graphic”.
You can select from templates or start a new graphic from scratch.
On the left-hand side, you open the tabs
- Background (images , patterns ,media , colour)
- Effects (color overlay, darken, blur, saturation, hue, brightness, contrast)
- Texts (opacity enabled)
- Graphics (icons and elements, own media)
- Undo, Redo
- Duplicate layers
Additionally, there is the option of moving objects backward and forward, like layers, a very useful feature you find on expensive software as Photoshop.
You can save your projects on their website, share them via Twitter or Facebook directly (you need to activate these accounts in Snappa) or download.
It is a very easy to use application and I create mini banners and images in seconds.
How to Make Money Online as a Designer
Snappa Knowledge Base
If you find it hard to get started Snappa has included a whole series of documents and tutorials to help you out.
- How to create a featured image in less than a minute (Video Tutorial)
- How to apply background effects … and more.
The section “Using Snappa” explains everything as concerns the function of this app.
There is an FAQ department in which they announced that they are preparing a Premium version, it may be finished around the end of the month.
At the moment there is no mobile version, it is only accessible on the web.
All images are under the Creative Commons CC0 which allows you to copy, modify and distribute photos, even for commercial purposes, without any need for attribution.
Plans & Pricing
- Starter: Free, 1 user, 570,000+ HD photos & graphics, limited templates, 2 social accounts, 5 downloads per month
- Pro: $10/month (billed annually), 1 user, 570,000+ HD photos & graphics, unlimited downloads, unlimited templates, unlimited social accounts, saved designs & folders, custom font uploads, Buffer integration
- Team: $20/month (billed annually), 5 users, all the features of the Pro plan plus team collaboration
Although Snappa is a beta version application and is not that huge as Canva, still it is a great tool that I use almost daily. It is fast, accurate and the “Effects” section offers superior functionality and boosts creativity.
Inside the app there are not offered a lot of images, if you subscribe to the Stock Snap newsletter, you will be receiving royalty free images in your inbox.
Update: Now there are over 570,000+ photos inside the app
To mention here that I am a member of Stock Snap for a few months and I have already downloaded over 250 images, all ready to be used. Therefore the blog of Stock Snap is a great resource of inspiration and know – how.
The application includes many icons and mini graphic elements, which you can’t find even on tools like Canva.
And the app can save you valuable time by using the predefined templates without having to worry about the perfect dimensions on each social network.
In combination with other visual editing apps, you can create beautiful artwork in no time.
Other related online graphic tools I use
- PixTeller – Photo editing, Video animations
- Da Button Factory
- Fotojet – Beautiful Photo Collages
- Smart graphic creator
- CoolText graphics generator
- UnDelay – Landing Pages creator
- Adazing – E-book cover creator
- Chartico – create bar charts
- Piktochart – Infographics
- Quotes Cover – Pictures quote maker
- BeFunky – Transform photos, Graphic creator
- Ribbet – Photo editing app
UPDATE – 26 November 2015
Chris, the co-founder, announced that the premium version has launched and he wants to thank all of those who tested the beta. They offer a discount for the subscribers … Before November 30th the premium membership reaches the $10/month or $90/year. A 33% discount on the normal price.
They will continue to upgrade the application with features, it is a project in development.
Update – 21 June 2017
The company announced Snappa for Teams. They say…
Collaborating on designs has never been easier.
- Share designs & folders: Just save your designs to a team folder and all team members will be able to view, edit and download the media.
- Share visual assets: When uploading visual assets select the team option.
- Upload team fonts: This feature is seamless. You just import fonts into the app and your team can start using them right away.
- Set your team colors: Keep your branding intact. Never have to send a hex code again.
- Manage team members: Add and remove people with one click. You can assign administrative privileges to multiple team members for easier account management.
And remember, you can try Snappa for free.
How to Make Money Online as a Designer
That’s it, another review has finished, here on Web Market Support. I look forward to seeing your beautiful Snappa creations and I am waiting for your comments and thoughts. Till next time.
Some of the links on this page are “affiliate links”. For more information, I refer you to the Disclaimer page