Following the tremendous growth of podcasting mainly as a marketing tool, a new trend is emerging.
Enter social audio.
Think of platforms like ClubHouse and TwitterSpaces, where you can interact with people in real-time and have conversations.
Brands, entrepreneurs, marketers, coaches, and random people are using these platforms and apps to communicate with customers, answer questions, host live parties and events, and so much more.
We compiled a list of the most popular platforms.
It’s a catalog that we’ll be updating frequently.
Let’s dive right in.
Social Audio Platforms
Main slogan: Your all-access pass to exclusive conversations with🏀⚽️🎾🏈🏐⚾️🏒⛳️insiders and fans. The only place for live audio conversations about the takes, rumors, news, and teams you care about. Changing the way we talk sports.
- React instantly to sports news as it happens
- Gather all your friends in watch parties for the biggest games
- Rep your favorite teams and find your community
- Apple: Rating: 4.6 · 218 reviews
Work Management Tools
Main slogan: drop-in audio chat. A new type of social network based on voice—where people around the world come together to talk, listen and learn from each other in real-
- Apple: 464.8K Ratings, 4.8/5
About: an invitation-only audio-chat iPhone app launched in April 2020 by Paul Davison and Rohan Seth of Alpha Exploration Co. that facilitates auditory communication for groups of a few individuals up to over 5,000 people. In May 2020, the social networking app was valued at nearly $100 million.
Business & Marketing Tools Collection
Work management, tracking, organizing, payments, accounting, Google, keyword, market, and competition research, SEO, analytics, and related, marketing & advertising, web development, website monitoring, domains & website hosting, coding, and related, design & multimedia, marketplaces, entrepreneurial communities, hiring & outsourcing
Main slogan: Spaces is a new way to have live audio conversations on Twitter. We’ve been testing and building this in the open with @TwitterSpaces and your feedback so we get it right. We love how it’s shaping up, but there is much more to come including new features and updates. Stay tuned!
How it works/FAQ:
- The creator of a Space is the Host.
- Spaces are public, so anyone can join as a Listener, including people who don’t follow you.
- Up to 11 people (including the Host) can speak in a Space at any given time.
- You have the option to add a Description or name to your Space.
- Anyone can join, listen, and speak in a Space on Twitter for iOS.
- For now, all Spaces are public like Tweets, which means they can be accessed by anyone
- Invite people to join a Space by sending an invite via DM, Tweeting the link out to your Home Timeline, or copying the invite link to send it out.
- This is your Space, and you can select who can speak by choosing from Everyone, People you follow, or Only people you invite, which lets you send DM invites.
- The Host of a Space has control over who can speak. They can also remove, report, and block others in the Space.
About: Jack Dorsey – CEO.
Cloud Backup, Storage, Hosting
Main slogan: Your place to talk. Whether you are a member of a school club, a gaming group or a global art community, or you want to talk to a few good friends, Discord helps you talk to them every day and socialize more often. Discord is a voice, visual and written communication service used by hundreds of millions of people to reach out and talk to their friends and communities.
- Access to people only by invitation: Discord servers are organized into thematic channels, where you can collaborate, share and discuss your day without cluttering up a group chat.
- Plowing with friends became easy: Take a seat on a talk channel whenever you want. Friends on your server will be able to see that you are in and log in to talk without having to call first.
- From a few people to an entire fan movement: You can create a community of any size, with coordination tools and custom member access. Give members superpowers, create private channels and more.
- Reliable technology to stay connected: With a slight delay in voice and video it will be like being in the same room. Greet your friends on video, watch them play live, or get together to paint together via screen sharing.
- CommonSenseMedia: Rating: 3.3 · 142 reviews
- TrustRadius: Rating: 9/10 · 20 votes
- TrustPilot: Rating: 2.2 · 430 reviews
- GooglePlay: Rating: 4.5 · 2,933,775 votes
- GlassDoor: Rating: 4.9 · 59 votes
- SourceForge: Rating: 5 · 26 reviews · Free
Other departments: inspiration, leisure, nitro, condition, jobs, trademarks, editorial room, store, support, security, blog, comments, collaborators, verification, developers, streaming toolbox, open source, management, instructions.
About: Discord started out as a solution to a big problem: how can I communicate with my friends around the world while playing online. From an early age, founders Jason Citron and Stan Vishnevskiy loved video games, and loved the friendships and connections that were created by playing them. So in 2015, Stan and Jason brought Discord to life.
The Ultimate List
(Buy and Sell Products)
Main slogan: listen together. Good tunes and good vibes.
App: Roadtrip is a place to listen to music, talk, and discover playlists with friends. Host a listening party, hang with your crew in private rooms, or meet new people while listening to great music. Collaborate on playlists, share them with friends, and build your own virtual spaces together.
- Apple: 4.5 • 41 Ratings
About: Brian Wagner.
Website Live Chat Solutions
Main slogan: talk with anyone. Chat with and make new friends.
App: Good conversations don’t need good lighting. Rooms have the same feeling as chatting with someone in a coffee shop or a bar; hop in and hop out of conversations and bond over topics and common interests. We’re an inclusive and friendly community.
A friendly and casual drop-in space for meeting new people through audio. Go beyond just the conversation and play games with your friends.
Let your followers know how you’re doing with a voice story. No need to be in the same roon.
- Apple: 4.8 • 93 Ratings
About: Soaper Inc.
Time-Tested Hiring & Outsourcing Platforms
Main slogan: We’re a socially responsible platform. Our goal is to make conversations, chats, debate, and audio discourse in a public forum a thing of celebration and beauty.
App: the app is best described as a hybrid between Spotify’s Anchor software and Clubhouse. Although it prioritizes live conversation, like Clubhouse, it tries to make off-the-cuff conversations sound more professional. Intro music welcomes people into a room, for example, which is a nice touch, but it doesn’t exactly translate like it does during an edited podcast. The music, for now, sounds disjointed and out of place.
About: Mark Cuban.
Online Survey Tools
Main slogan: instant, secure voice rooms.
App: On Chalk, talking to your group is always just a tap away. It’s the all-in-one, secure voice headquarters for your community.
- Join or build your own voice community to instantly connect with your friends.
- Talk instantly anytime simply by joining the voice room.
- Call people to bring them into the voice room.
- Rich presence timers bring another dimension to coordinating and availability.
- Easily share pictures in the same place you’re talking.
- Voice rings allow you to clearly see who’s talking.
- Apple: 53 Ratings 4.6/5
- GooglePlay: Rating: 3 · 7 votes
- AppTopia: Rating: 4.5 · 52 reviews
- AppFollow: Rating: 5 · 16 votes
About: Person LLC.
Presentation Tools & Sharing Platforms
Main slogan: live audience engagement.
App: Join Space and listen to live audio sessions and find your Space and connect with others around the world.
Space also hosts past recorded audio that you can listen to and learn from.
Create your own Space to host audio conversations and build your community to talk about what’s important for you. Want to find a Space to belong to? Search for your interests and Join a Space to listen, learn, and share from others you can trust.
Space Top 3 features:
- Create or join a live talk-radio style session.
- Create a Space for your community, or Find your Space and community.
- Record your sessions so others can listen to them later
- Apple: 13 Ratings 5/5
About: Space Soft Inc.
The Ultimate List of Multimedia Resources
Images, Graphics, Audio, Video, Animation, Themes, Plugins, Code, Apps, Education, Jobs, Buy & Sell Art
Main slogan: A daily personal audio show featuring your friends.
App: Cappuccino is a fun way to share audio stories, life updates, and jokes with close friends and family.
Record a short voice memo (“bean”). Listen to your Cappuccino (mix of your friends’ beans+ background music). It’s like a podcast with your friends.
RECORD A BEAN: tap the microphone and start recording. Talk about your day, tell a joke or share a thought and send it to your close friends and family.
LISTEN TO YOUR CAPPUCCINO: a mix of your friends’ beans + music.
- Apple: 230 Ratings 4.1/5
- GooglePlay: 268 reviews, 3.7/5
- ProductHunt: Rating: 4.8 · 23 reviews
About: Capp Inc.
- Top Podcast Hosting Platforms
- High-Class Marketing Automation Software
- Best Keyword Tools in 2021 and Beyond
- Free tools to generate ideas for content
- Affiliate marketing index (informational articles, how-to’s, guides, resources, networks, forums, and more)
- Affiliate marketing pricing models
- Affiliate marketing statistics
- Affiliate websites (examples/types)
- Wonderful affiliate websites examples
- A-Z List of Affiliate Marketing/Business Related Forums
- Top Places to Get “Affiliate Marketing Help”
- Advertising/Affiliate networks (AZ directory and overviews)
This is just the beginning of an extended catalog. I will keep the thread updated frequently.
In the meantime, check out the other related resources we have in store for you.
That’s it, another article has finished, here on Web Market Support. I’m waiting for your comments and thoughts. Which platform is the most promising? Which one should I add? Till next time.
Tasos Perte Tzortzis
Marketing Specialist, Entrepreneur
Although doing traditional business offline since 1992, Tasos fell in love with online marketing in late 2014 and has helped hundreds of brands sell more of their products and services on the web.
He enjoys reading, music & arts, mathematics, chess, coffee, swimming, Audi, and playing with his kids.