Last updated: Jan 18, 2022
Are you looking for ways to gain insights into people’s minds? The best way to accomplish that is by asking them.
Surveys, quizzes, and polls are more popular than ever before in this digital era we line in.
They help us understand our customers and employees better so we can improve their experience and level up engagement.
We gain invaluable marketing data and perform market research to improve our products and services to meet consumers’ needs.
We get feedback so that we know what is working and what doesn’t.
And so much more.
We compiled a list of reliable tools and software solutions you can use to give your business a boost.
Let’s dive right in!
Online Survey Tools
Main slogan: A global leader in survey software. 20M questions answered daily.
Gather opinions and transform them into people-powered data.
- Easily create surveys, quizzes, and polls for any audience.
- Gather feedback via weblink, email, mobile chat, social media, and more.
- Automatically analyze your results and get powerful analysis features.
- Export your results or integrate your data with your favorite apps.
- Use your insights to make better, data-driven decisions.
Survey templates (250+) – categories:
- Market research
- Team advantage: €30/user/mo, billed annually
- Team premier: €75/user/mo, billed annually
- Enterprise: powerful admin tools, integrations, collaboration. Contact them
- Standard monthly: €39/mo
- Advantage annual: €36/mo, or €432 billed annually
- Premier annual: €99/mo, or €1,182 billed annually
Targeted responses: Get survey responses from around the world in minutes with SurveyMonkey Audience.
Target the types of people you want to hear from based on specific attributes, like country, gender, age, income, employment status, and more.
The Basic plan is FREE.
- Enterprise: a secure survey platform
- Integrations & plugins: bring survey insights into your business apps
- Audience: collect survey responses from their global consumer panel
- CX: understand & improve customer experience
- Engage: measure & increase employee engagement
- Usabilla: get in the moment feedback across all digital channels
- TechValidate: create marketing content from customer feedback
- Apply: collect, review, and manage applications online
- Wufoo: gather data and accept payments with online forms
- GetFeedback: customer feedback for SalesForce
- People-powered data for business: customers, employees, markets
- Solutions for teams: customer experience, human resources, marketing
Other departments: Resources: best practices for using surveys and survey data, Curiosity at work: blog, tips, and more, Help center: tutorials, how-to guides, and more, Community, Developers, Investor relations, Careers.
- G2: Rating: 4.4 · 17,573 reviews
- TrustRadius: Rating: 8.1/10 · 872 votes
- GetApp: Rating: 4.6 · 8,797 votes
- Sitejabber: Rating: 1.3 · 83 reviews
- Capterra: Rating: 4.6 · 8,797 reviews
- SoftwareAdvice: Rating: 4.5 · 8,797 reviews
- GooglePlay: Rating: 4.1 · 25,101 votes
- SoftwareSuggest: Rating: 4.3 · 6 reviews
- TechnologyEvaluation: Rating: 4.6 · 8,299 votes
About: Locations: San Mateo, California. Portland, Oregon. Seattle, Washington. New York. Ottawa, Canada. Dublin, Ireland. London. Berlin, Germany. Amsterdam, Sydney.
With 20 years of survey expertise and insights from billions of questions answered, we fuel the curiosity of over 17.5 million active users worldwide.
Main slogan: Easiest customer satisfaction software & survey app. Fastest way to collect feedback from customers and employees with stunning CSAT, CES & NPS Surveys and actionable insights.
- NetPromoter Score: measure NPS at every possible touchpoint, identify detractors quickly;y & win them back, measure loyalty from everyone – customers & employees.
- Offline surveys: Customer feedback, data collection, market research, lead capture, employee feedback
- Customer satisfaction: customize CSAT surveys, add follow-up question, add logic to GSAT surveys, distribute via various channels, measure employee satisfaction, measure other CX metrics, real-time alerts for team, automated notifications for respondents, track NPS in real-time, access in-depth CSAT reports, create tasks & close the loop, use APIs & connect with tools
- Customer effort score: measure effort made by customer, analyze CES post every interaction, make improvements based on CES
- Survey software: white-labeled surveys, custom survey domain, customer survey emails & domain, insightful analytics, drill down reports, scheduled reports, multiple users, multiple locations, transactional surveys with APIs & webhooks, ready-to-use integrations, dedicated success manager, data security
- iPad Survey: iPad feedback kiosks, survey builder, real-time feedback, feedback on-the-go with iPhone feedback software, unattended feedbacks on iPad survey kiosk, offline surveys on iPads, remote device tracking, real-time responses, alerts & notifications, reporting,
- Android surveys: real-time feedback, survey builder, tracking, alerts & notifications, reports & analysis,
- Kiosk surveys: set kiosk survey time out, set auto-restart time, hide exit survey options, run offline kiosk surveys
- Mobile forms: customizable, iOS & Android mobile form apps, work offline, real-time notifications, detailed reporting
- Email surveys: survey builder, customize your message, tracking, real-time feedback, alerts & notifications, reports & detailed analysis, integrations
- SMS surveys: survey builder, customize your message, send manually, upload bulk contacts, pre-populate data, automate with APIs, tracking, alerrts & notifications, integrations
- Website surveys: centralize your feedbacks, engage with visitors, act on website visitor’s act, choose from web embedded surveys and web widgets, easily manage feedback, forms, and surveys, UX surveys, cart-abandonment, post transaction, NPS, lead capture, web feedback
- Verticals: Healthcare, education, retail, financial, restaurants, hotels
- Use cases: customer satisfaction, patient satisfaction, employee satisfaction, net promoter score, website surveys, lead capture
- Feedback form templates
- Tips and tricks
- Blog and insights
- Help documentation
- API documentation
- Personal: essential $24/mo (billed yearly), Starter $44/mo (billed yearly)
- Business: professional $79/mo (billed yearly), growth $169/mo (billed yearly), enterprise $429/mo (billed yearly), custom (contact them).
- Additional offline devices: $15/mo (per device)
- Additional users: $19/mo (per user)
- SMS credits: $100/mo (for 2,500 credits)
- Additional email sends: custom (usage-based)
- 2,000+ global brands
- 30+ countries
- 1M surveys per month
- Capterra: Rating: 4.8 · 61 reviews
- G2: Rating: 4.7 · 61 reviews
- GetApp: Rating: 4.8 · 61 votes
- SoftwareAdvice: Rating: 5 · 61 reviews
- CrozDesk: Rating: 4.7 · 60 votes
- Cuspera: Rating: 4.5 · 1,264 reviews
About: Rajiv Mehta: founder and CEO, Sonika Mehta, co-founder and product director. +91-9999849771, +1 646 846-6000, +44 2033 896000. Rewards, recognitions: Capterra – best value 2020, Crozdesk happiest users 2020, and more.
Main slogan: a simple and powerful online survey tool. Sign up now for free unlimited surveys, questions & responses.
What to use it for:
- Human resources
- Customer satisfaction
- Friends and family
- Unlimited surveys, unlimited survey questions, unlimited responses
- Opening and closing messages, SSL security, over 90 pre-written surveys
- 2-survey player types, no data-mining or information selling
- Basic survey themes, share surveys on social networks, anonymous data and responses
- 20 languages, share with email, basic in-app reports, duplicate surveys with a single click
- Survey embedding, delete unwanted participants
- Upload images, question branching, export results
- Custom themes, results filtering, compelling survey theme templates
- 4-chart types for survey results, export/print surveys, custom user-created survey themes, image choice question
- Opening and closing images, white-label surveys, optional comments for survey questions
- Question images & custom formatting, kiosk surveys, survey length estimate
- Alternative success URL redirect, email survey completion notifications, text message survey completion notifications
- Pro: $20/mo or $180/year
- G2: Rating: 4 · 24 reviews
- Capterra: Rating: 4.8 · 14 reviews
- Cuspera: Rating: 4.3 · 456 reviews
- GetApp: Rating: 4.8 · 14 votes
About: founder and CEO JR Wurster.
Business & Marketing Tools Collection
Work management, tracking, organizing, payments, accounting, Google, keyword, market, and competition research, SEO, analytics, and related, marketing & advertising, web development, website monitoring, domains & website hosting, coding, and related, design & multimedia, marketplaces, entrepreneurial communities, hiring & outsourcing
Main slogan: create free online surveys, quizzes, and polls. Over 3 million users worldwide since 2002.
- Surveys: gather the data you need to make informed decisions with our free online survey tool.
- Quizzes: Measure the effectiveness of staff training and test audiences with the free online quiz maker.
- Forms: Collect feedback, capture leads, register guests or join members using the free online form builder.
Free, Essential, and Pro Plans Features:
- All question types, cross-tab, question logic, exit pages
- Slack integration, anonymous or tracked results, Excel/CSV export, form spam
- Popup surveys, embedded forms, docked sidebar surveys, email surveys
- Pseudonymization of IP address, minimal logging, no 3rd party analytics trackers, data ownership
- API, premium EU-based infrastructure, stakeholder report sharing
Pro plan features:
- Quiz/assessment scoring, mixed pseudonymization & PII, audience
- Answer piping, exit page redirect, NPS ratings
- Zip/postcode address lookup, A/B testing with report segmentation, custom fields
- Essentials: €12.99/mo billed annually or €20/mo
- Pro: €25/mo
Students & non-profit plans:
- Student (verified only): €2.99/mo billed annually or €7.99/mo
- Schools & non-profits: €19/mo billed annually only
Business plans by KwikSurveys:
- Business: €25/mo (full trial accounts available for all plan types)
- KwikSample Marketplace: Purchase survey takers from our marketplace and get results within 48 hours.
- Survey 101: tips and tricks for creating surveys
- Question types: a list of all the question types
- Help docs
- Creating a survey
- Buy survey responses
- Cuspera: Rating: 4 · 94 reviews
About: Problem Free Ltd. Desklodge, 1 Temple Way, Bristol. BS2 0BY, United Kingdom/. Company #:04602671. VAT: GB823579410.
Main slogan: unlimited surveys, response, and insights, all for free. Advancing Research. We enable researchers with the question types, analysis and insights to change the world. One survey at a time.
- Survey software: our flagship survey solution. Sophisticated tools to get the answers you need
- Research: get more insights, response-based pricing
- Customer experience: CX management software
- Workforce: powerful insights to create the best employee experience
- Contactless surveys
- 20+ professional surveys themes, add your logo, skip logic branching
- Google sheets integration, customizable thank you page, raw data export
- 24/7 email support, net promoter score, multilingual surveys
- Advanced branching logic, mobile app, SPSS export
- 24/7 live chat & phone support, user roles & permissions, custom scripting & webhooks
- Region specific data centers, sentiment analysis, heatmap analysis
- Conjoint & Max-Diff, card sorting
- and so much more
- Free: get started with the essentials
- Advanced: $85/mo, $1,020 yearly, try for free
- Team edition: $2,999/year, let’s talk
- Research edition: starting at $10,000/year, let’s talk.
Other departments: Resources, Blog, eBooks, Templates, Case studies, Training, Help center.
- G2: Rating: 4.4 · 311 reviews
- TrustRadius: Rating: 7.8/10 · 18 votes
- SiteJabber: Rating: 2.5 · 16 reviews
- SoftwareAdvice: Rating: 4.5 · 115 reviews
- FeaturedCustomers: Rating: 4.7 · 2,105 reviews
- Capterra: Rating: 4.5 · 115 reviews
- GlassDoor: Rating: 4.4 · 135 votes
- GetApp: Rating: 4.5 · 115 votes
- AmbitionBox: Rating: 4.2 · 18 reviews
- Indeed: Rating: 4.2 · 15 reviews
- GooglePlay: Rating: 3.9 · 369 votes
About: Founded in 2008. Vivek Bhaskaran is the founder and CEO.
Main slogan: Create online surveys with ease. Get valuable feedback. Survs lets you create professional surveys easily with your team. Its friendly interface and compelling features provide everything you need to get great feedback.
- Create surveys on the fly
- Distribute on your terms
- Analyze results in real-time
- Collaborate with your team
- Share results online
- Multiple questions types
- Branded surveys
- Skip logic
- Custom URL variables
- File upload
- Link channel
- Email channel
- HTML channel
- Social channel
- Manual channel
- Multiple channels
- Advanced filters
- Share reports
- Email notifications
- User permissions
- Basic: €19/mo
- Pro: €39/mo
- Premium: €119/mo
You can upgrade, downgrade, or cancel at any time.
Other departments: Examples, Enterprise: makes survey creation simple and convenient for large teams and organizations. With a Survs Enterprise subscription, you can provide multiple members of your organization access to Survs while maintaining one consolidated bill, Blog, Press, Help.
- G2: Rating: 4.2 · 11 reviews
- Capterra: Rating: 4 · 3 reviews
- GetApp: Rating: 4 · 3 votes
- CrozDesk: Rating: 4.2 · 11 votes
About: Launched in 2009, Survs is a web-based survey tool built by Enough Pepper, a digital product studio based in Lisbon, Portugal, passionate about building products for the web and mobile.
Main slogan: Surveys are a flexible and fun way to find out what your audience thinks about any topic. Use our online quiz creator to ask single, multiple choice, or open text questions – then download or send all responses to your marketing software.
- Sports teams
- Nonprofit organizations
- Types of surveys: market research, customer satisfaction, content strategy
- Learn from your audience: Gather valuable insights about your audience – get their feedback on your products, current events, or anything else under the sun, Quickly make a beautiful quiz or survey on your site in under five minutes – no coding required, Collect more leads online – add a lead generation form to collect each survey taker’s name, email, and other info, along with their survey answers.
- Quickly find and add images, videos, and gifs: YouTube videos – embed & set the start/end points for any video, Google image search, Giphy animated GIFs, Pexels – high quality, copyright-free stock photography, Facebook, Twitter – embed any tweet for super-current content, Instagram, Upload your own photos or GIFs – for ultimate creative control
- Gather email addresses through a lead form: Display a sign up form after the last question (and before your survey’s custom ‘thanks for responding’ message), In-survey forms have opt-in rates of up to 40% (20X the internet average), Collect name, email, age and other information, Use our drag/drop form builder to make your own form – with 16 types of data fields, Copy and paste in your own forms
- Send survey responses to your favorite marketing software: Connect your online survey to your marketing software with our online quiz creator, Collect leads online with their survey responses – then pass them to your CRM tool, Directly connect to your MailChimp, Blue State Digital, and AWeber accounts, Send data to any of 1,400 marketing tools like ActiveCampaign, Constant Contact, or more
- Power your marketing funnel: Qualify and segment leads online based on their answers, For example, with our quiz maker, you could tag each person who responded ‘I’m unsatisfied with my phone company’ as a hot lead, Follow up with automatic personalized messages to each lead. Start your drip campaign and convert more sales by sending the right message to each lead, using their name and survey responses.
- Power consumer research
- Customize: fonts, colors, language, social sharing, hide the start page
Other departments and resources: Quiz maker, journey, personality test, auto-quiz, poll, multi-poll, list, reaction poll, upvote, form, order it, story, FAQ, help, code examples, API, acceptable use, blog.
- Basic: €39/mo or €29/mo billed annually
- Pro: €69/mo or €49/mo billed annually
- Team: €299/mo or €199/mo billed annually
Try it for free for 14 days.
- Capterra: Rating: 4.8 · 40 reviews
- Makeupalley: Rating: 4.8 · 5 reviews
- G2: Rating: 4.3 · 11 reviews
- GetApp: Rating: 4.8 · 40 votes
About: A dedicated bunch of quiz geeks, we launched Riddle back in 2014 with one goal – to be the most powerful, beautiful, and intuitive quiz maker around. Boris Pfeiffer – CEO and founder, Mike – co-founder and CMO, Uwe – co-founder and CFO.
Riddle Technologies AG is a corporation under German law with its main place of business in Saarbrücken, Germany. Lenaustr. 1, 66125 Saarbrücken, Germany, Tel. +49-6897-9392500. Register Number HRB 104331, Our European VAT ID is DE815729151.
Main slogan: Make a Beautiful Survey in Minutes. Publish a beautiful survey in seconds using the webs #1 survey maker.
How it works:
- Add your questions
- customize your style
- hit share and publish
- Types of surveys: customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, employee engagement, website feedback, website satisfaction, product feedback, employee exit, net promoter, event planning, emoji feedback, 360-degree feedback, course feedback
- Build a survey that crushes: easy to read elements, engaging buttons, mobile experience
- find actionable information easily: From a simple email update of responses to advanced filter and multi segment analysis you’ll find the information you’re looking for effortlessly. CSV and Excel Exports or pretty charts and graphs, it’s all there and simple to use
- Quizzes, certificates, leaderboards, and online tests: Typical survey creators can’t do that but we offer it and much much more. Our platform allows you to score, grade or even assign personality types automatically. Create content which engages your audience, some of our clients have used to generate over $1.3 million in revenue from a single quiz
- Every question type: Create your own template, access hundreds of custom plugins and themes and integrate directly into your website. Smileys, Net Promoter Score, Matrixes and every other question type under the sun. Make it easy for your participants to provide you with exactly the data you need by asking your question in clear intuitive formats
- Advice: Keep it short, Multiple choice and checkboxes, 1 question at a time, No progress bar, Personalize and pre-contact, Tell them why, Conduct experiments, Update contacts and send reminders, Let them respond via phone, Incentives work
- Integrates with over 100+ apps.
- Email responses
- 40+ question types
- Logic and branching
- Filter and segment reports
- CSV, HTML, PDF exports
- Randomize questions
- Fingerprinting and ID tech
- Multilingual support
- Embed and hosting
- Real-time results
- Response fraud detection
- Text analysis
- Thank you emails
- Net Promoter score
- Custom branding
- Standard: $29/mo or $19/mo billed annually
- Premium: $39/mo or $29/mo billed annually
- Platinum: $69/mo or $49/mo billed annually
There’s a free 14-day trial.
Other departments and resources: guides and help, examples.
About: Our story began in 2003 when our founding partners spent a year building Pulseware Enterprise Feedback Management, the original version of what you see before you.
Main slogan: The Easy to Use Survey Builder. Yes, we know our name says 123 form builder, but our amazing form building software also makes for a superb survey questionnaire creator too. A form building tool that handles surveys and workflows in one place? Yep. All with 123 Form Builder, the tool that goes bananas over helping companies, charities, and NGOs collect invaluable data.
- Types of surveys – examples: likert scale questionnaires & surveys, customer satisfaction, 360-degree feedback, marketing research, Net Promoter score, social psychology, student satisfaction
- Create appealing questionnaires: drag n drop, pick a survey template or start from scratch
- Customize your form by adding/ removing fields, open-ended questions, close-ended questions, translations, notifications, and * drum roll * conditional logic.
- Publish it anywhere: on your website, on Facebook, or by simply sharing your link with respondents.
- Brand your surveys: Pick your colors, font, use your logo, everything you need to make sure your surveys match your company image.
- Conditional logic:
- Human process
- Super-safe data: GDRP, HIPAA, ISO 9001, ISO 27001
- Connect to any tool: Integrations: 80+ of the most popular tools used by businesses around the world, examples: Mailchimp, Google Drive, SalesForce, Wix, Hubspot, Weebly, Evernote.
- Valuable insights
- Customizable reports
- Priceless data on the go
- Smart reports
- Print your survey responses
Other departments and resources: web form builder, quiz maker, poll maker, HTML form generator, blog, testimonials, documentation, become a partner, security, status, careers, media kit, GDPR.
- Basic: Free
- Individual: $24.99/mo or $19.99/mo billed annually
- Team: $59.99/mo or $49.99/mo billed annually
- Enterprise: custom, start at $199.99 per month and adjust to your needs
- GetApp: Rating 4.4 120 reviews
- G2: Rating: 4.2 · 86 reviews
- Capterra: Rating: 4.4 · 120 reviews
- TrustRadius: Rating: 9.1/10 · 42 votes
- GlassDoor: Rating: 4.9 · 29 votes
- SoftwareAdvice: Rating: 4.5 · 120 reviews
- Wix: Rating: 4.5 · 4,753 votes
- Cuspera: Rating: 4.5 · 579 reviews
About: 123 was born in the heart of Transylvania, Timisoara. Founded in 2008, we collected our first subscription a year later.
200M+ form subm,missions, 2M+ signed up, 35,000+ companies signed up, 85+ employees, 185 countries.
This is just the beginning of an extended catalog. I will keep the thread updated frequently.
In the meantime, check out the other related resources we have in store for you.
That’s it, another article has finished, here on Web Market Support. I’m waiting for your comments and thoughts. Which solution is the most promising? Which one should I add? Till next time.
Tasos Perte Tzortzis
Marketing Specialist, Entrepreneur
Although doing traditional business offline since 1992, Tasos fell in love with online marketing in late 2014 and has helped hundreds of brands sell more of their products and services on the web.
He enjoys reading, music & arts, mathematics, chess, coffee, swimming, Audi, and playing with his kids.
Marketing & Business
- AZ list of online marketplaces
- High-Class Marketing Automation Software
- Best Keyword Tools in 2021 and Beyond
- Free tools to generate ideas for content
- Affiliate marketing index (informational articles, how-to's, guides, resources, networks, forums, and more)
- Affiliate marketing pricing models
- Affiliate marketing statistics
- Affiliate websites (examples/types)
- Wonderful affiliate websites examples
- A-Z List of Affiliate Marketing/Business Related Forums
- Top Places to Get “Affiliate Marketing Help”
- Advertising/Affiliate networks (AZ directory and overviews)
MARKETING | ADVERTISING | SALES
- 6 Clever Ways To Use Instagram For Customer Retention
- Identify and reach your target audience - comprehensive guide
- Guerrilla marketing - ultimate weapon if done right
- What is branding in business and how to build a brand
- Direct response marketing - all you need to know
- Does product appearance matter? a story, research, and more
- Don't push customers to buy
- How to Build a Content Marketing Campaign for your Next Event
- Key Coupon Marketing Strategies To Accelerate Sales
- 11 common blogging mistakes that cost you a fortune
- Ways To Sell Unwanted Gift Cards: Save Time and Money