After a few minutes when people grabbed their seats, Steve walked through the tables saluting the guests and made it clear that the New Media Summit, the 3rd since its inception, would be an event to be remembered. He just does not like cold, strictly professional rooms where everyone goes only to absorb information without a friendly touch. The New Media Summit is not such an event.
Reasons Why The New Media Summit Was Created
There’s something Steve calls “Pod-Fade”. People starting shows, and then they fade away, stop doing them. He did not totally experience that, but he had some time off, and then around 2015, he got back into podcasting, on a more consistent basis.
The “Reinvention Radio” began in 2019, and in 2015, they decided to bring the show back. This was when they partnered up with other podcasters to give life to the show. It was getting very difficult to find “good” guests for the show.
He mentioned that guests may look very different on paper than when they are being interviewed. The same thing was happening to a lot of his podcasting friends. There was demand, meaning people wanting to get featured on the shows, and Steve was in need to find the best of participants.
This sparked the idea of creating a summit that would connect the right guests with the right podcasters.
What Makes The New Media Summit Different
It’s not a huge event, they try to keep a low number of participants, around 150 because:
- They want to create real relationships.
- Monsterous events make people lose the “Intimacy” factor.
- Steve’s goal is to know every guest by name, and every guest knows each other by name. during these 3-days.
- To cultivate a community and expand the New Media Summit Facebook group.
You won’t see fancy lights and expensive stuff that doesn’t add any value to the audience. No fires, no special dancers, nothing that makes the event look like a TV show.
Guest don’t leave the room with a bunch of notes they never gonna use. Steve’s goal is to give his guest tangible skills, strategies, and tactics that will help people start their own shows or appear on other people’s shows as valuable guests.
There are cards on every table, the “Show-Notes”, that guests can use to show their love for the icons, the other attendees, and everyone that is in the room.
Steve and his team invest money in launches and quality food. They are feeding their guests every day.
The event is live streamed for free. 1000 people were registered to watch the live show. I am one of them. This increases the visibility of the New Media Summit guests and when they have their time to pitch icons, partners, and other attendees, people watching the live stream show would be able to connect with them. At some point, Steve asked his guests to invite their friends to the live stream.
Steve Olsher’s Commitment to His Guests
- Articulate who you are and what you do
- Create an awesome media one sheet
- To be able to pitch leading podcasters and get booked on their shows
- Provide an unparalleled forum for you to develop real relationships
Day #1: Authenticity
- Business Foundation
- Lead generation funnel
- High-converting webinars
- Success with Podcasts
- Speaking from the stage
- Online product launches
- Revenue producing events
- Level of commitment
3 Types of People
The results showed that there were a lot of people just starting out, a lot of people already in business wanting to add a podcasting show, and fewer people already running their podcasting shows wanting to add monetization tactics to expand their businesses.
More Questions the Guests Answered
- Why did you choose to attend?
- What are your 3 desired outcomes?
- Who do you have to be to make this happen?
- How do you define influence?
- How do you define ‘icon’?
- Clarity and being able to articulate your TOI
- Choose your primary channel & content strategy
- Cultivate a loyal, borderline fanatic following of those you are MOST compelled to serve
- Develop multiple streams of revenue
- Create a formidable network of peers & influencers who support you and share your work
- Do not recreate the wheel, get guidance, be held accountable and learn from those who have already forged the path ahead of you
The Authenticity Exercise
I’ve never seen anything like that in a business summit but the guests really enjoyed it.
Meeting the “Icons” – Pitches
- Ashley Berges
- Kim Sutton
- Michael Neely
- Strickland Bonner
- Amy Schuber
- Dr. Gayle Carson
- Melinda Wittstock
- Joe Fier & Matt Wolfe
- Baeth Davis
- Joseph Warren
- Sean Douglas
- Raven Blair Glover
- Thomas Umstattd
- Michelle Shaeffer
- Debbi Dachinger
- Tyler Wagner
- Mary DeMuth
- Jody Colvard
- Eric Nevins
- Jim Beach
- Phoebe Mroczek
- Ruby Fremon
- Thom Singer
- Scott Carson
- Alison Donaghey
- Matt Brauning
- Richard Otey
- Mary Goulet
- Kelly Poelker
The Profit Path
Appearing on the world’s top podcasts and having your own show can absolutely generate massive visibility for you, increase your credibility and authority, and beget additional visibility. However, visibility is merely the 1st step on the path towards profitability.
Simply stated, having a podcast does not translate into having a business.
Profit Path’s Goal
- Securing Visibility
- Generating Leads
- Driving Revenue
Steps You Must Take
- What are you exceptional at?
- What do people come to you for advice on?
- Would someone pay you for this knowledge?
Spot your audience’s problem in terms of the language they use to describe it to themselves
The location could be a physical location or an online community.
The location could be a physical location or an online community. Add value to these communities
Your job is to Teach the “What it is” and Sell the How
When you add value to a community you then want to stay in touch with those people. Otherwise, you miss a chance to monetize your offers. Use an email drip campaign. Offer a free piece of content.
Further the conversation with potential customers and add value all along.
- Find out where they stand
- Have them identify their challenges, the ones they believe they face
- They have to believe that they need to overcome these challenges
- Discover their hopes and dreams
- He studied human performance & the origin and evolution of intelligence for over a decade
- He’s CEO of David Bayer transformational programs
- He’s the author of Mind Hack, creator of the Powerful Living Experience, and the Business Accelerator Program
Goal of David’s Presentation
- The gap between where you are (money, impact, influence) and where you want to be can be closed in a profoundly short period of time
- The “Problems” you think you have (lacking the right strategy, not enough time or money, or whatever) aren’t the real problems
- The ONLY problem is your MINDSET
- There is a step-by-step scientific process for eliminating the obsessive, negative, fear-based patterns of thinking that are the singular cause of any lack of resource, time or money and ultimately the only thing preventing you from achieving your full potential.
David’s Presentation Main Points
- The capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something.
- An influx, flowing matter
- The flowing in of energy, affecting human destiny
- Imperceptible action exerted to cause change
- Reading a personal development book
- Going to a weekend seminar
- Law of attraction
- Managing your state
- Positive thinking/psychology
- High performance
- Reframing your “Story”
What Mindset Is
- Mindset is a technology
- You are a technology
- Mindset is a developed capacity to utilize the mind to redesign and reorganize your brain
Here’s WHat you Don’t Ever Hear
- When I finally wrote my book, everything changed
- When I finally got my funnels dialed in, everything changed
- When I finally got on stages, everything changed
- When I finally got my website perfect, everything changed
- When I finally got my LinkedIn profile updated, everything changed
- When I finally 1000 fans on social media, everything changed
Every Single Success Story Had Only One Thing In Common
- I went to this one event
- I read this one book
- I heard this one speaker
- I took this one course
- I found this one mentor
- I did mushrooms this one time
What the Reak Icons Are Saying
- Gandhi – A man is but a product of his thoughts what he thinks he becomes
- Henry Ford – The man who thinks he can, and the man who thinks he can’t are both right
- Buddha – The mind is everything, what you think you become
- Jesus – Be not conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind
- Aristotle – It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it
- Napoleon Hill – Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe it can achieve
- Albert Einstein – Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think
You Become a Phenomenon
- -Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
- -Morpheus: No, Neo. I’m trying to tell you that when you’re ready, you won’t have to
Your Beliefs Dictate Your Destiny
- Beliefs (becoming decisions)
You Are Creative Technology
- I’m not good enough
- There’s not enough time
- What if it doesn’t work out?
- What if I fail?
- What if I make the wrong decision?
- If I do what I want people might judge me
- You can’t trust people
- It’s hard to find good help
- If you want things done right, you have to…
- A good man/woman is…
- Money is the root of all…
Your Decisions About Life Dictate Your Decisions To Do Life
- Growing your business
- Your industry
- Your team/other people
- To be successful
- The experiences of your life
- Your partner
- Your family
- Being a parent
- I can’t get it sall done, there’s not enough time vs If I put in a good days work, and turn the rest over to tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of the rest
- If I don’t make the right decision, it will go badly vs There’s no right or wrong decision. The right decision is to make a decision
- I don’t have any clarity vs This is what I am clear on…
- It might not work out and I could be worse off vs It might not work out but ultimately I’ll learn and long-term I’ll succeed
The Harvard Brain Study
The Power Of Decision
- Your decisions dictate your thoughts and ideas
- Your decisions shape your perception of the world
- Your decisions manufacture your coincidence
2 States of Being
- Hope, gratitude, joy
- Compassion, peace, calm
- Curiosity, courageous, confidence
- Excitement, optimism, celebration
- Stress, anxiety, overwhelm
- Disappointment, boredom, anger
- Impatience, jealousy, worry
- Sadness, rage, imitation
Principles of Power
- There are only 2 states of being
- Suffering is separate from the experience
- The only cause of suffering is your own thinking
The Ordinary Method of Thinking
The Mind Hack Method of Thinking
David Bayer’s Presentation Overview
Day #2: Commitment
Again unexpectedly, Steve shared his own story as he was inspired to do so after the previous day’s guests’ speeches. During the previous day, many guests shared their stories, and some of them were about depression, addictions, or committing suicide, that kind of nature.
Steve had his share when he was in Chicago. He hit a rock-bottom level but hopefully with the help of his family and wife took the right way. He took some clinical tests and he discovered that his blood’s levels of dopamine and amphetamine were too low. sss
The 7X7 Model
He suggested various ways that the podcasters can follow if they want to monetize their online presence:
- Podcasts guest
- Blogging, digital content creation
- Online courses
- Live events
- Other programs, products, and services
- Affiliate program
He persuaded the audience that podcasting and coaching are not that different as concepts, and that everyone should take advantage of their online visibility to increase their authoruty and status in the marketplace.
His presentation was followed by a free e-book and other offerings.
The New Media Summit was a superb event. Steve Olsher and his team organized a meeting with many surprises. It was not like the old-fashioned business summits where the only thing you can do is listen to everyone on the stage and take notes.
It was a marketing party.
In between the lectures, the presentations, and the pitches, there was plenty of time to dance on a special dance floor inside the room. People found this very relaxing and entertaining. I enjoyed it too.
Steve was not pushing his programs and products throughout the event, but he had created beautiful banners on the walls for everyone interested in buying them. Profiting from Podcasts, the $1,000 funnel, Icon Maker, Icon Maker Elite, Launch your Podcast 2-day intensive training.
Of course, there were sponsors, and both David Bayer and Christian
Beyond that, the marketing lessons from Steve got the audience hooked for good.
Additionally, everyone had the chance to pitch in front of the icons and the rest of the participants. Everyone made valuable connections, and over 50 people were booked on leading podcasting shows on the spot, exactly as Steve promised at the beginning.
It’s one of those special events you don’t want to miss.
Notice: Profiting from Podcasts is included in my Elite marketing training programs list.
Some of the links on this page are “affiliate links”. This means if you click on the link and purchase a product, membership, or service, I may receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. Regardless, I only recommend products and services I use personally or I believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. For more information, I refer you to the Disclaimer page.