Do you have a problem managing your finances? Are you getting out of control when you travel? Want to buy everything on your way to the shopping mall?
Does retiring safe and secure sound like a distant dream?
Is investing out of your area of expertise?
We have you covered and compiled a list of the most reliable money management apps & tools you can use to take control of your finances once and for all.
It’s a list we’ll be updating frequently.
Let’s dive right in!
Money Management Apps & Tools
Main slogan: Experience a fresh way to manage money. Reach your goals with personalized insights, custom budgets, spend tracking, and subscription monitoring—all for free.
How it works: Mint is free and makes money from carefully selected partner offers that could help take your money further. We never sell your data. Download the free app, securely link your accounts, get your free credit score.
- Put an end to late fees. Don’t pay more than you need to. They track bills so you don’t miss a due date. Get overdraft protection alerts.
- All your money in one app. Add cash, credit cards, investments, and bills
- Spend smarter and save more. Personalized Mintsights make your money go further. Automatically find savings you missed
- Stay focused on your financial goals. improve your spending habits with custom goals that keep you going. Save for a home, crush debt, and prepare for the future.
- Budget planner: Say goodbye to spreadsheets with customizable budgets. Easily add and update your categories.
- Credit monitoring: Get 24/7 access to your score for free. Plus, we’ll let you know of any important changes on your report.
- Track your spending: Stay on top of your finances by seeing where your money comes and goes.
- Your finances, safe and secure: With multiple safety measures, like secure 256-bit encryption and multi-factor authentication, we protect your info like it’s our own.
- Bill-tracking made effortless: Finally there is one organized place for your bills. Track all your bills on the go in Mint—from credit card and utility bills, to rent payments and the babysitter. It’s all in one place and easy to manage.
- Save time with a monthly bill payment tracker
- Get bill payment alerts and reminders: bill reminders, low funds, bills due alerts, unusual spending
- Create budgets you can actually stick to
- Meet your budget goals
- Daily budget tracker
- Get your free credit score
- Fast and free credit report
- Get educated on your credit score
- Get credit monitoring alerts
- Avoid unnecessary fees: ATM fees, over-budget, unusual spending, bill reminders
- Budget categorization: simple to use, easy to understand, add tags, see all the details,
- Investments: use portfolio tracking for investments, catch hidden fees with investment tracking, your portfolio and finances together, investment accounts, brokerage accounts, IRA rollover accounts, IRA
- Security: trusted, protected, dedicated. Safeguarded mobile app, multi-factor authentication and more
- Credit cards and more: personal loans, investments, banking, student loans, insurance
- Categorize bank transactions
- Credit cards
- Checking accounts
- Savings accounts
- Investment accounts
- Brokerage accounts
- IRA Rollover accounts
- Auto insurance
- Credit score
- Loan offers
- Online 401k management
Other departments and resources: home affordability calculator, loan repayment calculator, mortgage refinance, support, blog, safety & security, budgeting tips, personal finance tips, personal finance interviews, saving money tips, budgeting apps, financial goals tips, money management tips, help, budgets, GAQ, goals, known issues, account management, trends, join their team, press.
About: part of Intuit. 10,000+ employees, worldwide, 20 locations in 9 countries, $7.7B+ revenue in 2020. Intuit was founded in 1983 by Scott Cook and Tom Proulx. They went public in 1993.
Main slogan: Manage money like a pro. Bill planning, budgeting, keeping track of accounts and more. Cut spending, achieve financial goals, and become financially free.
- Bills, budgets, and accounts
- Home finance management
- Control of travel budget
- Track business expenses
- Calendar: mark days on the big calendar when your bills are due, Schedule recurring bills with custom periodicity, Filter transactions by selecting dates on the calendar.
- Bills due notifications: A whole system of reminders will alert you of upcoming bills, Quick rescheduling option will help you deal with bills due (tomorrow, in 3 days, next week).
- Budgets: Create budgeted entries, both for your income and expenses, and indicate budget limits for each entry, You may set different budget limits for every period, which is useful if you plan to reduce your spending gradually month by month, Start adding every transaction you have, and see progress of each category and the overall progress, Monitor visual indicators for budget overspending, Select the category you want to analyze and examine a budget trend chart generated on the fly.
- Budget rollover: You can set budgets to transfer the leftover of the current period to the next budget period, Budget rollover limits your spending automatically if you overspent in previous periods.
- Checkbook register: Unlimited number of accounts in one place (checking, savings, credit card, etc), Setting transactions as recurring or as one-time only, Balance change history, Additional fields for organizing your records including payee, description, check #, class (personal/business travel expenses), Attachment of receipt photos.
- Account reconciliation: You can record transactions and clear them later on (reconcile), Automatically calculated available balance and cleared balance.
- Split transactions: You can split a transaction into multiple categories which is extremely useful when you shop at mega stores and pay for multiple items at once.
- Search: Search transactions by amount, category, description, payee, etc.
- Detailed reports: Income/Expenses, Cash flow, Transactions, Assets/Liabilities (net worth), Projected balance, Net Worth, Trend chart for days/weeks/months/years
- Multiple profiles: you can set multiple profiles and track your finances separately for home budget and your small business.
Get it on:
- App store
- Mac app store
- Google play
- Microsoft windows
Other departments and resources: guide, support, blog.
About: iBear LLC.
Business & Marketing Tools Collection
Work management, tracking, organizing, payments, accounting, Google, keyword, market, and competition research, SEO, analytics, and related, marketing & advertising, web development, website monitoring, domains & website hosting, coding, and related, design & multimedia, marketplaces, entrepreneurial communities, hiring & outsourcing.
Main slogan: Money management made easy. Our app can help you keep track of your spending, set savings and debt goals, and it will give you expert advice on your finances.
- A complete financial picture: Connect all your accounts to the OpenMoney app to see all your money in one place. We’ll then start advising you on how to manage your money better.
- Set saving goals and budgets
- Connect all your bank accounts
- View all of your transactions
- Manage it: Help pay off debt and reduce your spending using our in-apps tools: reduce your debt – The debt tool helps you to set goals to reduce the amount you pay in interest, meaning you could clear your debts quicker. Budgeting tool – Set how much you want to spend per category and stay on track with monthly limits and notifications.
- Save it: Use our smart tools to help build up your savings and reduce spend on everyday items. Saving goals – Save for the moments that matter most, in the way that works best for you. Save on everyday bills – We’ve launched our partnership with Decision Tech, which automatically tells you when you can save on your bills.
- Data and security: We’re serious about security and we understand the importance of keeping your data safe. Your data will never be sold to third parties. You’re FSCS protected and we’re regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Bank-level encryption technology.
Other departments and resources: investments, mortgages, who we are, blog, support, FAQs, get in touch, our advisers, app terms, regulatory, trasnfer to us, careers.
About: a registered trading style of OpenMoney Adviser Services Ltd. OpenMoney Adviser Services Ltd is registered in England & Wales under Company Registration Number 09407280. Our registered address is WeWork St. Peter’s Square, 1 St. Peter’s Square, Manchester, M2 3DE. OpenMoney Adviser Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, our registration numbers are 676331 for activities regulated under FSMA and 792842 for activities regulated under Payment Services Regulations 2017.
Main slogan: MoneyLine Personal Finance Software. Easy Home Accounting and Check Register Software for Everyone.
- Track all your money, bank accounts and spending in one place, so you stay organized and in control of your finances: keep track of your spending, monitor bank account balances, track investments to aid in financial planning, easy budgeting tools
- Checkbook register for all your personal accounts, including savings and checking accounts
- Add and track additional accounts, including credit cards
- Track investments such as stocks, mutual funds and more
- Categorize transaction types and set budgets to manage finances and track spending
- Split transactions across multiple categories
- Schedule recurring transactions like paychecks and mortgage payments
- Download transactions directly from your bank
- Reconcile your purchases and transactions against your bank statement
- Track transfers between accounts
- Be your own money manager by tracking income and expenses by category and payee
- Budget Wizard makes taking control of your finances easy
- Take control of your finances by knowing where your money is
- Keep an eye on credit card spending
- Track your investments
- Categorize monthly expenses
- Use the budget planner
- Computer checkbook register
- Works on Windows 10, XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1
- Works on 64 bit Windows
- Mac OS X 10.5 or above
- Free: noncommercial
- Professional: Unlimited license for a user anywhere, $39.95
- Home License: Unlimited use but only licensed for non-business use, $34.99
- Professional Quarterly Plan: Unlimited ongoing use of all professional version features and all upgrades billed $9.99 quarterly
Full Professional for only 11 cents per day! 3.33/mo
- Add-on Verity parental control software: $19.99
- Add-on Doxillion document converter software: $7.99
- Add-on DreamPlan home design software: $9.99
- Add-on WavePad sound editor: $34.99
Other departments and resources: inventory software, data recovery software, document converter, and more, business accounting, invoicing, point of sale cash register, flowchart, and more, screenshots, support, products, FAQs, technical support, software utilities.
About: NCH SOFTWARE PTY LTD is a leader in business audio technology. Since 1993 our software development team has released more than 80 easy-to-use software applications for Windows, Mac and mobile devices. Each software program is designed to fulfill a specific need, and many programs are considered leaders in their markets and have been awarded for excellence.
Main slogan: Personal Finance Software. Get clarity on your money, with tech you can trust. Get a 360-degree view of your money. See all your accounts in one place, including your investments. And go deeper with our planning and analytics tools.
- Net worth: Get an accurate view of your net worth—what you have minus what you owe. Understanding this number can help you make smarter decisions about how to manage your money.
- Savings planner: Not sure if you’re saving enough to meet your Retirement Planner goals? The Savings Planner feature can show you an annual savings range that will project a 70% chance of reaching your retirement goals.
- Budgeting: Organize your spending and savings automatically by date, category, or merchant. Set a monthly spending target and easily see if you are tracking over or under your plan.
- Cash flow: See what has come in and gone out in the past 30 days so you can stick to your spending and savings goals.
- Retirement planner: See if your retirement savings are on track to retire by your target date and calculate your projected monthly income.
- Education planner: We’ll help you estimate and plan how much you should be saving today to cover education costs down the road.
- Investment checkup: See how well your investments are performing, and how they could do even better, with the Investment Checkup tool. Compare your current portfolio allocation to the ideal target allocation designed to minimize risk and maximize returns to meet your financial goals.
- Fee analyzer: See if you’re losing money through hidden fees in your mutual fund, investing, and retirement accounts.
- Financial roadmap: This new tool creates a customized pathway for your most important financial planning priorities, helping you stay on track towards your goals.
- Personal strategy: Personal Strategy is a personalized, diversified multi-asset class portfolio with enhanced diversification that’s directly linked to your financial goals.
- Smart withdrawal: It’s one thing to save for retirement. But Smart Withdrawal can help you spend your retirement savings the right way. Stay on budget, minimize taxes, and optimize your portfolio throughout retirement.
- Employer plan analysis: the investments in your employer retirement plan should complement your Personal Strategy. Upload a list of your available fund options and we’ll help you choose an allocation to align with your Personal Capital portfolio and long-term goals.
- Track and manage your money: all your accounts in one place, plan for retirement, built-in investment intelligence, uncover hidden fees
- Security: Our highest priority is keeping your financial data safe and secure. We use multiple layers of security, in every component of our systems, to keep your accounts and your money safe, and your information private. Our website’s encryption is rated A by the world-renowned Qualys SSL Labs, a stronger rating than most major banks or brokerages. We stay on top of security vulnerabilities and keep up-to-date with best practices.
Other departments and resources: blog, press, careers, security, wealth management, cash management, advisors, reviews, empower retirement, support, FAQs, accessibility, college, family life, legacy & estate, investing & markets, news, guides, retirement, taxes & insurance.
About: Jay Shah – president. Over $17B assets under management. 26,000+ Investment Clients in All 50 States, 2.8M+ Planning Their Financial Lives.Empower and Personal Capital Advisors Corporation serve a combined 12 million individuals1, for whom we collectively hold over $1 trillion2,3 in assets.
This is just the beginning of an extended catalog. I will keep the thread updated frequently.
In the meantime, check out the other related resources we have in store for you.
That’s it, another article has finished, here on Web Market Support. I’m waiting for your comments and thoughts. Which solution is the most promising? Which one should I add? Till next time.
Tasos Perte Tzortzis
Marketing Consultant, Creator of the "7 Ideals" Methodology
Although doing traditional business offline since 1992, I fell in love with online marketing in late 2014 and have helped hundreds of brands sell more of their products and services. Founder of WebMarketSupport, Muvimag, SummerDream.
I enjoy reading, arts, science, chess, coffee, tea, swimming, Audi, and playing with my kids.
Marketing & Business
- AZ list of online marketplaces
- High-Class Marketing Automation Software
- Best Keyword Tools in 2021 and Beyond
- Free tools to generate ideas for content
- Affiliate marketing index (informational articles, how-to's, guides, resources, networks, forums, and more)
- Affiliate marketing pricing models
- Affiliate marketing statistics
- Affiliate websites (examples/types)
- Wonderful affiliate websites examples
- A-Z List of Affiliate Marketing/Business Related Forums
- Top Places to Get “Affiliate Marketing Help”
- Advertising/Affiliate networks (AZ directory and overviews)
- Multimedia resources(AZ directory - images, graphics & design, audio & music, video, animation, themes, plugins, code, apps, tools, education, jobs, buy & sell, communities, freebies)
- Free stock photo websites(AZ directory, overviews, reviews)
- Best photo editing online apps
- Video marketing software (AZ directory and overviews)
- Modern & free web design icons
5 Free Presentation Templates For Marketers & Small Business Owners
Some of the links on this page are “affiliate links”. For more information, I refer you to the Disclaimer page