Education never stops , at least for me.If you are in a hunt for additional knowledge trying to scale up your business or passions then I guess you are looking for online resources to help you out into that direction.
Coursera offers online certified courses on modern sciences
The main slogan underlines .. “Coursera provides universal access to the world’s best education , partnering with top universities and organisations to offer courses online”
How it Works
- Coursework – each course is like an interactive textbook , featuring pre-recorded videos , quizzes and projects.
- Help & Support – You can connect with thousands other learners and discuss about the material and get help mastering courses.
- Certificates – You earn official recognition for your work and share success with friends colleagues or employees.
- Arts & humanities
- Computer science
- Data science
- Life sciences
- Math & Logic
- Personal development
- Physical science and engineering
- Social sciences
- Language learning
On your Profile page you can add personal information as well your website URLs and social media accounts and you can set the privacy level (personal , the coursera community , everyone on the web).
Then you can choose a topic that you are interested in and start learning.
Let’s examine the Business department
There are 457 topics right now on that section alone , which means that the Coursera database is Huge.
Some examples in the Business area
- Excel to MySQL – Analytic techniques for business
- Project management principles and practices
- Digital Marketing
- Executive data science
- Business and financial modelling
- Strategic management and innovation
- Social media marketing
- Content strategy for professionals
- Inspirational leadership – Leading with sense
- Essentials for corporate finance
and many many more up to 457…
Let’s dive into the Digital Marketing sector
The training created by the University of Illinois and is divided into 6 courses
- Marketing in a digital world
- Digital analytics for marketing professionals
- Marketing analytics in practice
- Digital marketing channels – the landscape
- Digital marketing channels – Planning
- Digital marketing capstone
By the end of the course you will master strategic marketing concepts and tools to address brand communication in a digital world.
Each of 6 courses costs €69 so we have €414 in total.If you pay all the courses at once you get a discount of 10% reducing the final price to €372.
Course 1 of Digital Marketing – Marketing in a digital world
The 1st course of this department is a 4 week study with 6/8 hours per week commitment.It includes reading sessions , videos and quizzes and no prior experience is required to complete it.
Quick Overview of the Course
The price of €414 is affordable and you have the ability to work on your own from the comfort of your home or office.And you avoid all the costs associated by entering a University campus.
The Coursera learning approach is influenced by 4 key ideas
- Effectiveness of online learning – a recent report of the US department of education shows that classes with online learning on average produce stronger learning outcomes than those with solely face to face instruction.
- Mastery learning – helps learners fully understand a topic before moving onto a more advanced.
- Peer assessments – learners can evaluate and provide feedback on each other’s work
- Blended learning – many of the partnering institutions use the Coursera platform to provide their on-campus students with an improved learning experience.That blended model increase student engagement , attendance and performance , according to studies.
Coursera’s Leadership Members
- Daphne Coller – President and co-founder is leading the growth and nurturing of Coursera’s partnerships with Universities
- Andrew NG – chairman of the board and co-founder.He also serves as a chief scientist of Baidu , a Chinese language search engine
- Rick Levin – chief executive officer
- Lila Ibrahim – chief operations officer
- Kurt Apen – chief marketing officer
- Tom Willerer – chief product officer
- Nikhil Sinha – chief business officer
- Leah Belsky – vice president of partnerships
- Amber Saloner Tennant – vice president of people operations
- David Liu – general counsel
Careers & Partnerships Opportunities
I will name just a few as the full list is a little overwhelming
- Arizona , Brown , Nebraska , California Santa Cruz , Chicago , Chinese Hong Kong , Virginia
- Pennsylvania , Sao Paulo , Zurich , Geneva , Catolica de Chile , Yale , Kentucky , Michigan….and many more
Other Teaching Centers
- Nea teacher center , Centrale Supelec , Indian school of Business , Icahn school of Medicine
- Caltech , HEC Paris , ESCP Europe , National Geographic society , California Institute of the Arts…and many many more
Build your Own Corporate University – Curated Top pathways from Top Universities
Coursera provides curated online courses for organisations that want to train their managers or turn their web development teams into mobile mavericks.They can help your employees master new skills efficiently while enjoying the process.
In that case you fill out a form and submit it.
Whether you are a college student , a blogger , an entrepreneur or anyone with a vision for the future you should consider Coursera as one of the Top destinations.Their collaboration with Universities around the world ensures quality lessons and a pleasant environment to work on.
But it is a premium resource and you have to pay for it , but at the end you receive a valuable certification to use it as a weapon for your career.
If you can’t afford paying for the courses you can check these additional Free resources
That’s it, I hope you enjoyed another review, here on Web Market Support. I am waiting for your comments and thoughts. Till next time.
Tasos Perte Tzortzis
Marketing Consultant, Creator of the "7 Ideals" Methodology
Although doing traditional business offline since 1992, I fell in love with online marketing in late 2014 and have helped hundreds of brands sell more of their products and services. Founder of WebMarketSupport, Muvimag, SummerDream.
I enjoy reading, arts, science, chess, coffee, swimming, Audi, and playing with my kids.