Today’s movie title is Scam Signology.How can you identify a scam artist online?…Some practices are common , others have been used more but one thing is for sure.They always find new ways to surprise us.As long as there is “good” there is “evil”.Especially when it comes to money.And I will be discussing about the most common types that I meet when I am researching for online opportunities.But before we get into that we might want to answer a question first
Why Make Money Online Scams Exist?…
If I could answer with an additional question I would ask “Why Offline Scams Exist?”…From those that do not pay their employees , the ones that do not pay or delay their suppliers , those that accept an order and they deliver other or faulty products , those that are not fulfilling their promises , those that owe money they have borrowed in order to start a business … they start one but in the meantime they do not pay their debts and suddenly one night they disappear abroad and on and on and on.
The simple answer to all is Money.That printed paper that rules the world.But not only…..They have it in their blood.They need to fool you in order to feel good.They need to see you destroyed , cut , disappointed.That is how they are happy.That is how they do business , this is how they treat humans.In a few occasions they got tricked by others and want a “Revanche”
So…What Are The Most Common Types Of Online Scams I Meet?
♦ Very thin content on their website – only a few pages or just 1.Sometimes there is just a video , some screenshots and the extra pages of disclaimer , policy and contact that are not enough.If there is no other content , tutorials , information and advices then probably is a poor product.
♦ Pretensions of earnings and success – “I am getting $2000 on autopilot every day” , “This is how I make $90000 per month , in one week you will be earning more than $1500” are usual tactics that belong to frauds.Overnight success does not exist in NO business (online or offline) and this is one of the biggest red flags.
♦ Video only – If you are bombarded with a video full of claims , sales targeted , stories followed by “proofs” and especially if that media can not be paused or stopped then it is probably a scam.If there is nothing on their website but only one video or 2 then I can tell that is a scam and you should avoid it at all costs.
♦ Screenshots of accounts – Fancy bank accounts or accounts within affiliate networks are not serious methods of marketing.Even if the screenshots are original , (mostly are fake) that does not mean you can earn the same money nor that shows the time that someone needed to reach that level.
♦ No contact on the website – You must be able to contact the owner of a site , via a contact form , live chat or email.Make this test in order to check the legitimacy.If they respond quickly they probably care about their customers.If none of these options exist on their website just click the exit button.
♦ No Support – If there is no one to guide you , how can you proceed in case of problems?…Every serious businessman care about his customers.They must be there to support you and solve any questions that you might have
♦ a 60 or (30) day guarantee – check very carefully the full terms of that guarantee.If it is a product that will be delivered to your house (like dvd , book…) and the guarantee says you must return it to the original address in order to get refund , watch out.Usually you won’t have time to evaluate its potential and return it in that time.If the guarantee is less than 60 days , let’s say 30 again you must be very careful even if it is an information product.
♦ Continuous UpSells – In case you proceed with a purchase and they continue trying to sell you more than one product instantly or in the coming days through your email account do not buy anything more.Seek advice and reviews online.What they do is put a low price front-end product to sell you a much more expensive on the back-end.
♦ Promotion with someone well known in the industry “GURU” – The product that has as a showcase someone famous who does not own it that does not mean that he is using the product.They probably co-operate in order to advertise one another.Some believe that even a negative advertising is prosperous or probably they want to get out of that industry and they do not care anymore , so they hunt for any victims left in their timetable.
♦ No actual test – If you can not test the product even for some features then the owner is not so proud of it and wants to trick you
♦ Payments accepted only with credit cards – no paypal – Why should you give your personal data?.If it is a legitimate company they should have a paypal option.Beware because you might end up calling lawyers and banks in cases they overcharge you without prior notice and without your knowledge.
♦ Stories of “being in your place” , “how I became a millionaire” – Classic faire tales like – “I begun poor” , “I had no money but suddenly I had this idea” , “I was blessed that Mr X helped me to discover that product that changed my life”.
♦ Early promise that the product is free , then (after 1 hour bombarding) they say it cost only $40 or $50…If you can easily afford paying for $50 tops and you want to proceed (although I do not suggest it) , pay and test , but in NO case pay any more if they don’t give you what they promised.
♦ Properties – photos of cars , land properties and proofs of luxury living are almost always fake.Beautiful women laying on the bed with a laptop and a cup of coffee , businessmen in crucial appointments outside of 5 star hotels.
♦ A lot of testimonials – video or image testimonials does not prove anything.They are probably co-operating or the photos are stolen or belong to random people that do not know that these photos being used.Anyone can photo someone secretly.
If a website meets one or more of the above criteria , it does not mean necessarily that is a scam.It is the overall conclusion that will point to that.But also means that you must be aware and proceed with extreme caution.In cases that a website meets the majority of those criteria just ignore it and move to the next one.
I hope you enjoyed another article , you can refer to that as a guide in difficult times.Do not rush to buy anything , seek assistance if you are not sure.What would you add to this list?..Have you ever been a victim?…Want to share your experience with me?…You can leave a comment below
- SearchEngine Journal: Google Announces Gemma: Laptop-Friendly Open Language Model
- WealthyAffiliate: UPDATE: Old Training Has Been Sunset.and Our NEW Approach to Training!
- SearchEngineLand: Report: OpenAI working on web search product
- Reuters: EU opens formal investigation into TikTok over possible online content breaches
- FirstPost: 'Ghosts' in Google Gemini, OpenAI GPT-4: Experts believe AI Models more sentient than the studios let on
- TheIndianExpress: How to replace Google Assistant with new Gemini AI on Android smartphones
- WealthyAffiliate: First Steps With My New Business
- I stopped using Zoom. They can legally use your recordings for anything they want... Even to make money off of them. Excerpt from their terms page: You grant Zoom a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license and all other rights required or necessary for the Permitted Uses.]
- I have updated the Affiliate Marketing Statistics catalog with new entries (top-rated networks by mThink).
- HubSpot: The Future of Web & SEO and How Web Analysts Should Prepare
- Futurism - TheByte: AS AI DESTROYS SEARCH RESULTS, GOOGLE FIRES WORKERS IN CHARGE OF IMPROVING IT
- Tom'sGuide: ChatGPT finally has competition — Google Bard with Gemini just matched it with a huge upgrade
- Forbes: New Google Release Exposes AI Upgrade For Messages Users
- SearchEngineJournal: Why Google May Rank AI-Generated Content Over Original News
- WealthyAffiliate: Las Vegas 2024. Big Ideas, Big Changes!
- TheVerge: Meta will let EU users unlink their Instagram, Facebook, and Messenger info ahead of DMA
- SearchEngineLand: LinkedIn launches sponsored articles
- SalesScripter: Whatever You Do, Do Not Ask This Sales Question
- Emerge: The Most Powerful Generative AI Text Tools of 2023
- Wired: Generative AI Learned Nothing From Web 2.0
- ZDNET: How LangChain turns GenAI into a genuinely useful assistant
- ISP: Google Launches Bard Advanced: The Future of Conversational AI
- AIOSEO: What is Cornerstone Content? Plus Tips and Examples
- SearchEngineJournal: Beyond SEO: John Mueller On AI-Generated Images & Stock Photography
- TimesOfIndia: Microsoft corrects the mistake it made while investing billions in ChatGPT maker.
- TechRadar: Researchers build AI that can replicate and alter itself and I'm pretty sure that's an opening line from the original Terminator script
- CNNBusiness: Google users will share $630 million in a Play store settlement
- BusinessInsider: I asked ChatGPT and Google's Gemini to answer 10 questions. Gemini has an edge on current events — but makes mistakes.
- SearchEngineLand: Google’s shifting approach to AI content: An in-depth look
- BusinessInsider: AI is the great equalizer. Studies show that the rise of tools like ChatGPT is good news for employees who suck at their jobs
- TheMitPressReader: Will AI Render Programming Obsolete?
- Forbes: About That Mysterious AI Breakthrough Known As Q* By OpenAI That Allegedly Attains True AI Or Is On The Path Toward Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)
- AmericanMediaGroup: US Military and SHARP Unveil 120 Million Quantum Phones and Quantum Voting System – The End of the Spy Phone Era (video)
- WealthyAffiliate: 46% of Big Publishers Are Using AI Writing
- ContentMarketingInstitute: Clueless Execs? Solve the Content Marketing Mystery for Them
- Facebook is going down: Subscribe to use your Facebook account without ads, starting at €9.99/month (inclusive of applicable taxes). Your info won’t be used for ads. [They beg for money! What I predicted in September 2022 may become a reality]
- AIOSEO: Discover Trending Websites. Learn how websites with exploding traffic use SEO to rank quickly. Join our email list to be updated as soon as a new case study comes out.
- WealthyAffiliate: How to Start a Profitable Food blog
The Quantum Financial System (QFS) Infographic:
- CNBC: Amazon terminates iRobot deal, Roomba maker to lay off 31% of staff
- CNNBusiness: UPS is cutting 12,000 jobs
- YourMoney: Bleak January as Barclays flags 40 bank branches for closure. [I like it when banks are closing, don't you?]
- Axios: Scoop: Wall Street Journal plans layoffs, restructuring in D.C.
- CNBC: Evergrande shares halted after Hong Kong court orders liquidation. [This brings down BTC, Eth, USD].
- [Taxation is a process of crime and fraud against the people, and in a privileged society, it should be greatly limited. It started in Canada. Enter the new financial system.]
- [A group of House Republicans, led by Scott Perry have introduced the Defund Davos Act, seeking to halt federal funding to the World Economic Forum (WEF).]. About time...
- TheQuantumInsider: India Announces $740 Million (US) National Quantum Mission, Plans Tech Hubs
- Investing: Breaking: US Banks Adopt Ripple’s XRP for International Payments
- TheStreet: Forget Spirit, another major airline eyes Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Adaderana: Sri Lankan President backs debt relief for Africa
- WatcherGuru: India to Ban 9 Crypto Exchange URLs Including Binance & Kraken
- AmericanMediaGroup: New List of Banks That are Connected to The QFS System or are Being Connected – QFS + RTGS Trust The Plan!
- BusinessInsider: The Chinese yuan's share of global payments climbs to a record high while US dollar's share dips
- TrulyNet: Major Swiss Bank Admits to Tax Evasion Scheme, Agrees to Substantial Penalty
- NewAmerican: Small Businesses Are the Backbone of the American Economy
- LiveMint: Gold Standard hinted by the US Debt Clock
- Gold Standard hinted by the US Debt Clock
- Reuters: China's state banks seen supporting yuan as Moody's cuts outlook - sources
- GoldTelegraph: BIS is warning that central clearinghouses that hold over $1 Trillion in liquid assets may exacerbate periods of financial stress
- TheSun: Huge pharmacy chain and Boots rival sells all 1,054 branches after string of closures – is your local affected?
- ZeroHedge: 64 US Bank Branches File To Shut Down In A Single Week
- [Bank branches are dropping like flies: Wells Fargo, Bank of America, PNC, NatWest, RBS, Lloyds Banking Group, Barclays... The FIAT dollar and the fake economy have collapsed - Time for a replacement after the HAPPENINGS - dark mode]
- TASS: Pakistan applies for BRICS membership in 2024 — ambassador to Russia
- NewsTarget: 1.8M fraudulent transactions led banks to close accounts of innocent customers without warning or explanation
- TheGoldObserver: Dutch Central Bank Admits It Has Prepared for a New Gold Standard
- Reuters: China, Saudi Arabia sign currency swap agreement
- USDebtClock: Transition from the Federal Reserve System to the US Treasury 1776 has begun [no more FIAT slavery]
- It'sFossNews: An Open Source Web-Based AI-Powered Vector Graphics Editor: Wait, What?
- InVideo: How To Make YouTube Shorts: Create YT Shorts Using AI
- Vecteezy: Graphic Design Trends
- Videvo: What You Need to Know About Aspect Ratios
- ThemeForest: Merchandiser - WooCommerce Theme for Wordpress Block Editor. FREE when you signup with a free account.
- Videvo: Think Like a Director: How to Use the Medium Shot
- Placeit: Font Pairing Made Easy. A Guide for Non Designers.
- VidToon: #1 Top Video Animation Software To Make Explainer, Marketing, Animated Videos Online. HD Background Images and Music Files-Automated Voice Overs-Smart Timeline-Social Media-Animate Text-FHD Export-Camera Zoon In/Out-GIFs & Icons-Transitions, and more.
- Dev: 10 Exceptional Developer Tools Launched in 2023
- MotionElements: FREE background music for video. MotionElements is the best online stock music site to download free background music. Choose from free stock music to free sound effects to free stock video.
- Deeezy: 14 FREE Bakery Store Illustrations
- ThemeForest: Up to 50% OFF selected items. 27 website templates from $7 sorted by best sellers. Beautiful website templates from our creative community, reviewed one by one by our staff.
- DesignModo: 19 Top Tools & Resources for Web Designers in 2023
- CraftWork: FLASH SALE. Save up to 45% on illustrations, UI kits, Framer and Figma templates, and Pro Access subscription plans. Use discounts before 22 September.
- PlaceIt App: Boost Your Business From Everywhere. Easy access to our entire library of designs, mockups, logos & videos. Download your designs directly on your device and share in seconds to your social media.
- VentureBeat: Microsoft unveils ‘LeMa’: A revolutionary AI learning method mirroring human problem solving
- ThePeople'sVoice: Elon Musk: Ventilators Euthanized MILLIONS Globally, Not COVID
- Phys: Scientists manipulate quantum fluids of light, bringing us closer to next-generation unconventional computing
- Decrypt: Global Powers Sign International Declaration on AI Safety
- TheConversation: We built a ‘brain’ from tiny silver wires. It learns in real time, more efficiently than computer-based AI
- NDTV: Time Travel Possible? What Scientists Found Out With Latest Experiment
- NeuroScienceNews: Is AI Mimicking Consciousness or Truly Becoming Aware?
- LosAngelesTimes: Stanford scientist, after decades of study, concludes: We don’t have free will
BRAND NEW CATALOGS:
- Online Education Resources - Books, programs, courses, training, and so much more. I'll be adding many brands in the upcoming days and weeks. Check it out!
- BizHub: The Ultimate Resource Catalog for Ambitious Businesses.The ultimate business collection by categories: organisation-administration, marketing, production-supply chain, financial management-economics, human resources management, IT &web development, legal & regulatory compliance, social image & responsibility, design & multimedia, business development, education, innovation. An upgraded version of the 200+ tools collection.
DAILY BREAKING NEWS: Marketing, Business, Economy, Multimedia + The "7 IDEALS" Methodology FINISH LINE 85% 🙂
Some of the links on this page are “sponsored”. For more information, I refer you to the Disclaimer page.