#7IDEALS – Next… Consumer Behaviour (Part 2). The most critical aspect of doing business – knowing how consumers behave. STAY TUNED!
Today’s movie title is Scam Signology.How can you identify a scam artist online?…Some practices are common , others have been used more but one thing is for sure.They always find new ways to surprise us.As long as there is “good” there is “evil”.Especially when it comes to money.And I will be discussing about the most common types that I meet when I am researching for online opportunities.But before we get into that we might want to answer a question first
Why Make Money Online Scams Exist?…
If I could answer with an additional question I would ask “Why Offline Scams Exist?”…From those that do not pay their employees , the ones that do not pay or delay their suppliers , those that accept an order and they deliver other or faulty products , those that are not fulfilling their promises , those that owe money they have borrowed in order to start a business … they start one but in the meantime they do not pay their debts and suddenly one night they disappear abroad and on and on and on.
The simple answer to all is Money.That printed paper that rules the world.But not only…..They have it in their blood.They need to fool you in order to feel good.They need to see you destroyed , cut , disappointed.That is how they are happy.That is how they do business , this is how they treat humans.In a few occasions they got tricked by others and want a “Revanche”
So…What Are The Most Common Types Of Online Scams I Meet?
♦ Very thin content on their website – only a few pages or just 1.Sometimes there is just a video , some screenshots and the extra pages of disclaimer , policy and contact that are not enough.If there is no other content , tutorials , information and advices then probably is a poor product.
♦ Pretensions of earnings and success – “I am getting $2000 on autopilot every day” , “This is how I make $90000 per month , in one week you will be earning more than $1500” are usual tactics that belong to frauds.Overnight success does not exist in NO business (online or offline) and this is one of the biggest red flags.
♦ Video only – If you are bombarded with a video full of claims , sales targeted , stories followed by “proofs” and especially if that media can not be paused or stopped then it is probably a scam.If there is nothing on their website but only one video or 2 then I can tell that is a scam and you should avoid it at all costs.
♦ Screenshots of accounts – Fancy bank accounts or accounts within affiliate networks are not serious methods of marketing.Even if the screenshots are original , (mostly are fake) that does not mean you can earn the same money nor that shows the time that someone needed to reach that level.
♦ No contact on the website – You must be able to contact the owner of a site , via a contact form , live chat or email.Make this test in order to check the legitimacy.If they respond quickly they probably care about their customers.If none of these options exist on their website just click the exit button.
♦ No Support – If there is no one to guide you , how can you proceed in case of problems?…Every serious businessman care about his customers.They must be there to support you and solve any questions that you might have
♦ a 60 or (30) day guarantee – check very carefully the full terms of that guarantee.If it is a product that will be delivered to your house (like dvd , book…) and the guarantee says you must return it to the original address in order to get refund , watch out.Usually you won’t have time to evaluate its potential and return it in that time.If the guarantee is less than 60 days , let’s say 30 again you must be very careful even if it is an information product.
♦ Continuous UpSells – In case you proceed with a purchase and they continue trying to sell you more than one product instantly or in the coming days through your email account do not buy anything more.Seek advice and reviews online.What they do is put a low price front-end product to sell you a much more expensive on the back-end.
♦ Promotion with someone well known in the industry “GURU” – The product that has as a showcase someone famous who does not own it that does not mean that he is using the product.They probably co-operate in order to advertise one another.Some believe that even a negative advertising is prosperous or probably they want to get out of that industry and they do not care anymore , so they hunt for any victims left in their timetable.
♦ No actual test – If you can not test the product even for some features then the owner is not so proud of it and wants to trick you
♦ Payments accepted only with credit cards – no paypal – Why should you give your personal data?.If it is a legitimate company they should have a paypal option.Beware because you might end up calling lawyers and banks in cases they overcharge you without prior notice and without your knowledge.
♦ Stories of “being in your place” , “how I became a millionaire” – Classic faire tales like – “I begun poor” , “I had no money but suddenly I had this idea” , “I was blessed that Mr X helped me to discover that product that changed my life”.
♦ Early promise that the product is free , then (after 1 hour bombarding) they say it cost only $40 or $50…If you can easily afford paying for $50 tops and you want to proceed (although I do not suggest it) , pay and test , but in NO case pay any more if they don’t give you what they promised.
♦ Properties – photos of cars , land properties and proofs of luxury living are almost always fake.Beautiful women laying on the bed with a laptop and a cup of coffee , businessmen in crucial appointments outside of 5 star hotels.
♦ A lot of testimonials – video or image testimonials does not prove anything.They are probably co-operating or the photos are stolen or belong to random people that do not know that these photos being used.Anyone can photo someone secretly.
If a website meets one or more of the above criteria , it does not mean necessarily that is a scam.It is the overall conclusion that will point to that.But also means that you must be aware and proceed with extreme caution.In cases that a website meets the majority of those criteria just ignore it and move to the next one.
I hope you enjoyed another article , you can refer to that as a guide in difficult times.Do not rush to buy anything , seek assistance if you are not sure.What would you add to this list?..Have you ever been a victim?…Want to share your experience with me?…You can leave a comment below
- TotalRetail: What Makes a Best-in-Class Retail Media Network [the author says it's first-party data. I analysed this topic 1,5 years ago, it's also zero-party data along with first-party]
- HarvardBusinessReview: The Questions Every Entrepreneur Must Answer [this article dates back to 1996, but I recommend that you read it]
- Wired: How to Use ChatGPT’s New Image Features
- DigitalMarketer: Striking The Right Balance Between Business Branding Vs. Personal Branding
- WealthyAffiliate: Plotting Your AI-Driven Social Media Odyssey. Streaming Oct 5.
- TechCrunch: Mistral AI makes its first large language model free for everyone
- FashionDive: Consumers plan to spend more on luxury: report
- WealthyAffiliate: Google is Full of Low Quality Content (and that is about to change).
- HarvardBusinessReview: Using Technology to Improve Supply-Chain Resilience
- VentureBeat: Enterprise workers gain 40 percent performance boost from GPT-4, Harvard study finds
- InsiderPaper: US says Amazon running illegal monopoly in online retail
- SearchEngineLand: Has Google Ads lost all credibility? Why one advertiser says it’s time to leave. "There should not be one ounce of trust left that any advertiser has in Google Ads," according to Greg Finn.
- ElegantThemes: 5 Best AI Story Generators in 2023 (Reviewed and Ranked)
- SalesScripter: Common Cold Call Objections and How to Respond
- SearchEngineLand: Links are not a top 3 Google Search ranking factor, says Gary
- HubSpot: The Expert Edge: Exclusive Interviews with Sales, Marketing, and Service Professionals
- TheWallStreetJournal: Marketers Maintain Focus on Diversity Despite Outside Pressures
- MarketingDive: Pinterest focuses on possibility in new global ad push
- WealthyAffiliate - CountessCtry: Affiliate Program Secrets: Picking Profitable Opportunities
- WPforms: How to Create an Expense Approval Form (With Templates)
- WealthyAffiliate: How to Create Profitable Affiliate Funnels Using "Best Categories"
- MarketingDive: Brand interactions evolve on social media: Here’s what the numbers say
- CyprusMail: List of top 10 affiliate link tracking platforms [Pros & Cons]
- Forbes: Affiliate Marketing: Predictions And Strategies For Success
- SearchEngineLand: Google quietly increases ad prices to meet targets, claims exec. The search engine reportedly raises prices by up to 10% without informing advertisers. [More of a 10X, not just 10%: Speak the truth]
- SearchEngineJournal: Google Gemini: What We Know So Far
- YahooFinance: Affiliate Marketing Platform Market Size ($ 38352.89 Billion by 2030 at CAGR of 15.44% CAGR) - which is Booming Strong Growth in the Globe till 2030
- WealthyAffiliate: A World of Possibilities - ChatGPT at Work and Home. upcoming Training with magistudios. Streaming Sep 23. Wrap up the course by exploring a myriad of ways to integrate ChatGPT in your professional and personal life. From business proposals to personal blogs, ChatGPT can be your intelligent partner in all walks of life.
- SearchEngineLand: How AI is changing the game for PPC account managers
- SearchEngineJournal: The Three Pillars Of Content Marketing Strategy
- WealthyAffiliate: After 18 Years at Wealthy Affiliate, We Breathe Innovation
- SearchEngineLand: When your business doesn’t need SEO. Discover five reasons why SEO might not be the best fit for your business, from budget limitations to the need for immediate results.
- YahooFinance: 30 Low Cost Business Ideas With High Profit
- BusinessInsider: HustleGPT: Generative AI will boost income and help millions of workers take on second and third jobs, Morgan Stanley predicts.
- Entrepreneur: Here's the Secret to Growing Your Small Business, According to Execs at UPS, Airbnb, Mastercard, and Other Big Brands
- YahooFinance: Stocks pummeled, bond yields surge amid hot jobs data: Stock market news today
- [A new BRICS report says: “Existing international organizations are controlled by Western countries, which manipulate them and impose sanctions. It is necessary to carry out a fundamental reform of the entire architecture.” This is what a splitting world looks like. Change. ]
- [BRICS planning SWIFT competitor]
- [Income tax revenue, US Federal tax revenue, excise tax are going down.]
- [Evergrande stopped trading yesterday afternoon session and has not started Friday. The Events are about to start. #DropTheReports. General Michael re-enters. Kobe Pre-recorded testimony. Worldwide Mandatory Sitdown Event approaching]
- [Binance cryptocurrency exchange to sell its Russian business to CommEX will cease operations in the country.]
- BusinessInsiderAfrica: Egypt and UAE enter $1.4 Billion local currency swap agreement
- Nippon: Tokyo stocks down in morning as U.S. gov’t shutdown looms
- SchiffGold: The end of the road for the dollar [the paper dollar, not the gold that is running in the background already] 🙂
- MacroBusiness: Australian dollar hammered by Evergrande
- MoneyControl: First ever filming of Singapore’s Gold Reserves in secret vault: What did it discover?
- WatcherGuru: China: Billionaire Chairman of Evergrande Arrested [the domino is near]
- TOSHIBA delisting is going to drag many others down with it.
- ALLEGATION OF MONEY LAUNDERING - UBS Group AG
- RISK OF LIQUIDATION: Remember this Defaults Tether, USD, Bitcoin & Ethereum. Defaulting USD Defaults all currencies Worldwide. This causes the Global Housing Market to collapse>[1955 prices]
- Kitco: Tanzania has started domestic gold purchases to boost forex reserves
- Search4Dinar: Central Bank of Iraq approves new system for external transfer
- AMG-news: THIS IS HUGE! USA INC BANKRUPTCY: USA INC Bankruptcy Sparks Global Upheaval – WORLDWIDE AVALANCHE!
- Reuters: Evergrande debt setback, Oceanwide blow rattle China property stocks
- TheDailyHodl: $18,900,000,000 in US Treasuries Dumped by BRICS Members China, Brazil, India and UAE in One Month
- TheEastAfrican: Somalia on track for full debt relief in December, IMF says
- Express: Stock markets hit ‘puke point’ as high interest rates set to trigger 'violent' 50% crash
- MarketsInsider: The de-dollarization drive is spreading wider - Indonesia is the latest nation to join the anti-buck movement
- Dev: 10 Exceptional Developer Tools Launched in 2023
- MotionElements: FREE background music for video. MotionElements is the best online stock music site to download free background music. Choose from free stock music to free sound effects to free stock video.
- Deeezy: 14 FREE Bakery Store Illustrations
- ThemeForest: Up to 50% OFF selected items. 27 website templates from $7 sorted by best sellers. Beautiful website templates from our creative community, reviewed one by one by our staff.
- DesignModo: 19 Top Tools & Resources for Web Designers in 2023
- ElegantThemes: How to Create a Landing Page with AI
- CraftWork: FLASH SALE. Save up to 45% on illustrations, UI kits, Framer and Figma templates, and Pro Access subscription plans. Use discounts before 22 September.
- PlaceIt App: Boost Your Business From Everywhere. Easy access to our entire library of designs, mockups, logos & videos. Download your designs directly on your device and share in seconds to your social media.
BRAND NEW CATALOGS:
- Online Education Resources - Books, programs, courses, training, and so much more. I'll be adding many brands in the upcoming days and weeks. Check it out!
- BizHub: The Ultimate Resource Catalog for Ambitious Businesses.The ultimate business collection by categories: organisation-administration, marketing, production-supply chain, financial management-economics, human resources management, IT &web development, legal & regulatory compliance, social image & responsibility, design & multimedia, business development, education, innovation. An upgraded version of the 200+ tools collection.
DAILY BREAKING NEWS: Marketing, Business, Economy, Multimedia + The "7 IDEALS" Methodology FINISH LINE 85% 🙂