- UPDATE – 16 Oct 2016 Received the 1st payment on my Paypal. It takes 4 to 5 business days…around 60% of my compensation comes from surveys, around 40% by clicking on ads.
- UPDATE – 27 Jan 2017 Received the 2nd payment after 5 days
- UPDATE – 31 May 2017 Received the 3rd payment
- UPDATE – 04 July 2017 They announced major changes. On July 15 they are removing the PTC ads, the upgrades/memberships, and the 8-tier affiliate program. Now only 1 level referral commissions will be calculated.
- UPDATE – 17 July 2017 PTC ads and the ClixGrid removed. You can still earn by completing surveys, tasks, offers and by bringing referrals. The homepage has a new look.
- UPDATE – 02 Oct 2017 Received the 4th payment
- UPDATE – 28 Feb 2018 Received the 5th payment
- UPDATE – Aug 2018 They changed brand name and website. Now it’s called ySense of the mother company Prodege
- UPDATE – 06 Aug 2010 Received the 6th payment
TOTAL EARNINGS: $128.90
I have joined ySense not long ago and since then I am using their services, but not on a daily basis due to my restricted free time. This is a PTC (Paid To Click) advertising platform and has been on the market for 8 years, since 2007. Anyone can join for free and get paid to view ads, complete offers or tasks, play video or other games, take surveys (occasional) and by referring or recommending other people to join this network, just like with downlines.
ySense Network – is it a Legit Program or a Scam
The PTC websites are the mediums between customers (visitors) and advertisers. The advertiser place an ad on the PTC website, a customer visits the PTC site and view the ad. A part of the advertiser’s payment goes out to the customer. It’s a pretty simple payment cycle.
I have not reached yet my payout threshold so I can’t tell you 100% that this is a site that pays. But I researched online for various reviews and I did not find any negative comment so far. Many of those reviews belong to people that I know, bloggers and marketers that I speak with and trust. I even took it one step further and discussed with some of them, all assured me that this is a legitimate site that DO pays.
In fact, ySense is among the most popular PTC sites over the web and they have been around for 8 years, this is a clear element of status.
Update 17 July 2017
This is the new homepage
Can You Make Money by Viewing Ads?
I want to stay as transparent as I can because a lot of people find the idea of viewing ads and get paid during their free time very tempting and appealing. And it is.Who does not want to make some bucks while laying on the bed or resting after a long day out?
And yes, ySense gives you an opportunity to participate for free and get paid in real money but there are some things to consider before you decide to join this site or any other similar network.
In order to make it clearer, we may take a look at the Pros and Cons of this Opportunity
- A well-organized site with a good reputation earned through the years with millions of members
- There are multiple features and ways to earn money (view ads, complete tasks and offers, grid game, video games, surveys)
- The Clixsense Research is another section on this website and is an alternative way to completing surveys and get cash or rewards.
- There is an active forum that you can read old and new threads, ask questions and get in communication with the administrators. You can, therefore, check for payment complaints or other problems posted by members or users (if any).
- There is an affiliate program to join for free and refer people to build a downline.
- ySense pays currently through Paypal.Plenty of options here. I use PayPal for many years with no problem at all.
Update 17 July 2017
PayPal has been removed. The available options at the moment are: Payoneer, Skrill, Tango Card and Payza
- Although the payout threshold is set to $8, that level cannot be reached easily by someone alone in a timely manner.
- The ads, the tasks, and the offers do pay but the time you spend on them is something you have to consider.
- The surveys are very rare, at least in my case, still, I have not completed one. But the surveys belong to other companies that usually run a pre-survey qualification test. If you don’t match the demographics, age or other criteria set for a particular survey you are kicked out and get paid nothing. Most of the times the surveys are a waste of time. But this is how they work. We can’t blame ySense for that, besides the network’s main service is centred on ads.
Update 22 Oct 2016
I received many surveys during the last 2 months as I was using their services more often. And I received a payment as well.
- Some of the ads that are displayed for you to watch and get paid belong to Scam marketing products.I have already reviewed many, mostly Binary Options Trading Software. But we can’t blame ySense even for that.ySense needs money to place the ads, they want to advertise their crap. This is the system, we have to take it as is.
- Be sure to click the ads but do not take the risk to participate in these sites that are advertised. Only proceed with extra caution and do your research online for reviews to find out if they are legitimate offers or scams.
- Have in mind also that the quantity of the offered ads changes from country to country.
The ySense Premium Membership
Clixsense offers a premium account option for $17 per year. A logical price. There are some advantages in getting premium but only if you are going to promote Clixsense on a daily basis and participate at the same time in the tasks and offers. Premium members view more ads and get paid for some tasks more money and there is a lower threshold, set to $6.
Additionally, they earn higher commissions on referrals through an 8-tier affiliate payment plan. Moreover, they have better chances of winning the ClixGrid game.
What I like is that ySense is strongly highlighting that the benefits of a premium account are as described and they can not guarantee that you will get benefited from this option if you don’t take massive actions to promote their services and refer people.
That leads to the next section, where …
The Real Money Is On The Referral System
This is the only way to make decent earnings through the ySense platform. You have to refer other people to join your line. If a lot of your own referrals participate and use ySense site on a regular basis you have a chance to make something worthy.
But that points us to another problem.If you don’t own a website how are you supposed to promote ySense? Sure, you can use social media for free, but you can’t build trust easily on these mediums without a website and generally nowhere on the web.
Another way is to spam random people on every network or forum out there, but this is not a genuine marketing method and the results will soon disappoint you.
For that matter, I would recommend you to get started with the Affiliate Business model. You will need a marketing training program to learn everything you need to know and step into this online world with confidence and potential.
Another option is to pay for ads and co-operate with PTC sites to grow your referral line. You would need a minimum number of PTC websites to work on. And you can advertise your affiliate ySense links from one site to another. To do that properly first you have to sign up for these sites and understand their basic operations and you need to find out which are their partners.
There are certain PTC sites that co-operate with other PTC sites. You can pay a few advertising fees, the less expensive for the beginning and see how it goes. But even that method requires basic online marketing education. It is not a super easy task.
Let’s do the Math – Final Opinion – Conclusion
Generally, I believe that legitimate PTC sites like ySense are worth to test them out for a number of reasons. There are a lot of people that make money out of them. Some pay to get their products advertised, some click on the ads and get paid too. There is a potential here and ySense offers free participation, so literally, you have nothing to lose.
The ySense system alone is not enough for someone to make a living. You need referrals to build a heavy downline and earn money by their actions without putting extra work on it. To accomplish that you need a website, the foundation of online businesses. Nothing can be compared to a website, it is an online property, a real estate organization.
The problem though is that if you begin to advertise ySense in order to attract people and referrals, you have to clearly state the situation. Because these people are usually looking for some quick bucks.They don’t care how it works, they need money fast. But as with every business out there, quick success does not exist.
I can assume that a lot of your referrals might abandon their efforts in a few weeks if they can’t build a downline for their own sake. At the end of the day, it would not hurt anyone to try, it is a free network.
All that elements pointing us to the conclusion that ySense is definitely not a scam, but a legitimate online opportunity.If you run a website and can persuade people that visit your site to join under your link ySense might work for you.If you can add more PTC sites and offers to your arsenal the better for you.You have to build a downline on each PTC site that offers an affiliate program.
Even without a website, you could advertise your offers through other PTC sites and on social media in a helpful way.
Money can be made through PTC. But it needs time and work.No empire has built in one day.
I hope you enjoyed another review, here on Web Market Support. I am welcoming your comments and thoughts. I will be updating this thread whenever I have news or important announcements.
I am promoting ySense as an affiliate. For more information, I refer you to the disclaimer page