Widgets are essential parts of any website, they add new dimensions and help people throughout their navigation experience. When you start a new website you have no idea what widgets to use and why. But as you gain experience, build content, and interact with visitors things are getting into shape.
You can always test, delete or add new ones along the way. I always experiment with new products once in a while. No idea should be underestimated. One particular widget may fulfill a visitor’s need and this is when you can provide a better user experience.
Free Website Widgets
On every page on this site, there are widgets ready to be used. Under every widget, there is a short description and a code button. If you don’t want to scroll all the way and move from page to page there is a categories section where you can ease up your search.
- Google page rank
- Speed test
- Clocks, calculators, calendars
- Informers, maps
Social networking buttons – To let visitors share your content on social media.
Web page PDF and print button – the widget reviews the content of web pages you want to print. Removes unnecessary elements saving you ink and paper.
Web Translator – it contains the major European languages.
Currency calculator – financial or tourist content sites may find this solution handy. Visitors can apply calculations on the go without exiting your site.
Calculator – very useful for visitors that want to perform quick calculations.
Visitors statistics – Easy monitoring of the web traffic in real-time. The widget shows quantity, location, IP addresses, and more.
Geolocation map – Especially useful for e-commerce websites that want to estimate costs and availability for certain destinations.
Website: Pro Real Time
Add dynamic charts, lists, and top movers in 3 steps (choose, customize, get a code).In order to proceed, you have to create a free account that gives you access to
- Pro real-time complete and mobile version
- End of day market data
- 2 weeks free trial on real-time market data
- Individual training session upon request
Real-time & intraday markets
- World Indices (Dow Jones, Nasdaq, Euronext, Ibex 35 index ….)
- London stock exchange
- German equities
- CME, NYMEX, CBOT, COMEX
- Weather app v4 – 7-day forecast and current temperature for 196 locations in Australia
- Weather lookup v3
- Reference map – a free map service built on top of Google map application to enable easy publishing and sharing of spatial information.
- Postcode finder
- You-Tube player (limited functionality Alpha release)
- Weather lookup (advanced) – current weather observations and weather forecasts in Australia.
- Natural hazards monitor – links to maps with information on the most recent earthquakes, reported emergency incidents, bushfires and weather conditions.
Website: Stock Maniacs
- Gann square of nine calculator
- Pivot Point
- Elliott wave
- Volatility trading system
- Breakout trading system
- Nifty trend finder
- Flash background, Colour separation
- Slices, Bouncing text, Colour cycle
- Animated background, Rainbow lines – create colorful lines
- Hover transition – create smooth links on your entire page
- Muse rain – rain background, Starfield – create an animated star-field sky
- Hover blocks – add an image to your website, resize and set a number of blocks
- Organic lines – cool animated backgrounds.
and much more…
Website: Wolfram Alpha
- Mathematics, statistics & data analysis, physics, chemistry, materials, engineering, astronomy, earth sciences
- life sciences, computational sciences, unite & measures, dates & times, weather, places, and geography
- People & history, culture & media, music, words & linguistics, sports & games, colours
- Money & finance, socioeconomic data, health & medicine, food & nutrition, education
- Organizations, transportation, technology, web & computer systems
- The US stats economic comparisons
- Derivative solver, human growth stats
- Find an object in the sky, weather
- Compare company sites
Website: Get SIte Control
This site offers a free plan but there are premium paid versions as well.
Update 18 July 2017
A live chat application that is compatible with desktop, mobile, and tablets. It works with Windows and Mac and they provide numerous integrations with almost any well-known platform, like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento…An endless set of features and customizations ensures that the app will suit your specific needs.
An app that you can use to improve user experience on your site as now you are able to communicate with visitors in real-time and answer their questions instantly. In other cases, they have to leave a message or complete a contact form.
What you can do with this widget
- Monitor website visitors in real-time
- Proactively engage visitors with triggers
- Localize greetings and messages in your language
- Respond quickly with predefined shortcuts
It is available in 27 languages, it offers GEO IP tracking, you can set aliases, agents and you can filter the incoming messages. There are plenty of add-ons to choose from but some of them require a premium membership.
But don’t worry as the free version is extremely useful, I am using the app for over 2 months now with incredible results. You can add as many agents as you like, and I can’t find any serious limitation.
You can even use emojis (1800+ designs), set alerts and mail notifications.
The official website is full of guides to help you understand and reach its full potential. You can be notified with sound alerts whenever someone enters the chat widget, meaning you don’t have to watch the app to talk with your visitors.
The app shows very important statistics, analytics and before any conversation, you have access to some pretty cool details. The IP of the user, their country, how much time they spent on your site and on which particular page, how they landed on your site, and their name.
When you are away you can still receive messages as the app lets users send a message with their name and email address, so you can get back to them whenever possible.,
The triggered messages are another awesome feature and right now I use an automated message whenever someone stays on a page for more than 5 minutes.
Additionally, you can consider adding widgets from websites that you use or visit, if available. There are many websites that offer widgets for their users or subscribers.
For example, I am using the official Twitter widget, which displays my latest tweets.
I hope you enjoyed this resource and that you will use these widgets to improve your users’ experience.
Which one is your favorite? Which one should I add?
That’s it, another article has finished, here on Web Market Support. I am waiting for your comments and thoughts.
Business & Marketing Tools Collection
Work management, tracking, organizing, payments, accounting, Google, keyword, market, and competition research, SEO, analytics, and related, marketing & advertising, web development, website monitoring, domains & website hosting, coding, and related, design & multimedia, marketplaces, entrepreneurial communities, hiring & outsourcing.
Tasos Perte Tzortzis
Business Organisation & Administration, Marketing Consultant, Creator of the "7 Ideals" Methodology
Although doing traditional business offline since 1992, I fell in love with online marketing in late 2014 and have helped hundreds of brands sell more of their products and services. Founder of WebMarketSupport, Muvimag, Summer Dream.
Reading, arts, science, chess, coffee, tea, swimming, Audi, and family comes first.
Marketing & Business
- AZ list of online marketplaces
- Top 5 Data Visualisation Tools For Amazing Results
- Popular Domain Name Ideas Generators
- Time-Tested Hiring & Outsourcing Platforms