Education never stops , I’ve already mentioned that a couple of times.As one of my mentors , Ray Edwards , say
the moment you stop learning , your business starts dying,
I followed this road since I was a kid and when I was in University I understood the true power of constant learning.And although I do business ever since I always educate myself and I am open to new methods.
That is why I am bringing you today another online resource where you can educate yourself for free.The SBDC (Small Business Development Center) and the Kutztown University of Pennsylvania offer a large collection of free , on demand entrepreneurial courses.
Kutztown University – Helping businesses start , grow and Prosper
There are over 90 online learning programs mostly suitable for entrepreneurs , small business owners and start-ups.The benefits as presented on their web page are
- Learn from the start or brush up on business concepts.
- The courses are available anytime.You can watch videos on your own pace (play , pause , rewind)
- Current content keeps you updated on business issues.
- Access over 70 business courses , 24 / 7
- Become more confident in business environment
- Increase marketability of your skills and your company
- Test your knowledge after the courses
- In-depth training on hundreds of today’s business issues.
The categories cover a wide range of topics , all necessary for wanna be or current entrepreneurial spirits.
- Business operations and management
- Business planing
- International business
- Management development
- Small business tax
- Starting and growing a business
Let’s analyse the Marketing Department
The Marketing category is divided into (alphabetically)
- Advertising your business
- Analysing the competition
- Building your brand
- Conduct a marketing analysis
- Creating a competitive advantage
- Creating buzz – small business marketing
- Market insight and research
- Marketing 101
- Personalization strategies to attract and retain customers
- Positioning master class
- Pricing products and services
- Pricing strategy and tactics
- Promoting your business
- Targeting your market
I chose the advertising sub-category and I refer to some interesting points and examples inside the videos learning area.
The most effective marketing campaigns begin with identifying the target audience and understand ways to reach them.
You don’t have to spend millions of dollars to advertise your products or services.
10 points to remember related to print advertising
- One time advertising is risky.A consistent message is more effective.
- Start out slow to , make sure your advertising vehicle is working well before you invest major dollars and commit to a long term campaign
- Every print publication has a media kit that provides demographic and psychographic information about their readers
- and so on…another 7 points.
- Identify your budget
- Identify which media your competitors and the industry use most
- Identify the media that reaches your target audience most effectively with the least amount of waste
- and so on…
Along with the videos there is a worksheet with questions to answer like…If you are launching a campaign for the first time , ask yourself the following questions.,. and a glossary with terms
The videos are easy to follow ,with very clear audio and they give examples all through.
Cross promotions example
A fitness gym offering discounts on aerobic sneakers bought at the shoe store next door.Cross promotions work best when there is an honest benefit to the customer.
Both businesses should target the same audience
Kutztown University Business Plan
They complied a set of tools , online courses and resources to help entrepreneurs focus on their business idea and communicate that idea to others.
The “Pitch then Plan” is a business planning technique that quickly translates ideas into business plans.It can be used by start-ups to develop or perfect a written business plan.It covers topics like
- Business model
- Marketing schedule
- Legal structure
And lastly you develop the numbers and they provide an excel template to assist you in developing the financial section of your plan
I am very satisfied with the quality of the courses and the information that is offered for free.
Every resource is necessary , every resource has something to add to your existing knowledge.Step ahead and beyond your competition.You deserve it.
That’s it , I hope you enjoy the Kutztown University as much as I do.I am waiting for your comments and thoughts.Till next time , your online partner.
Best jobs during college