You want to start up a new online business but choosing the right domain name seems like a painful process.I know it is.That is why there are online applications to ease that process.
NameMesh – a domain name ideas generator and availability checker
The app is very easy to use, when you visit their homepage there is a search bar where you can enter your keywords.They suggest that you enter your domain keywords separated by space for maximum results.
You can either use one of these versions
- 2-3 keywords
- 4 or more keywords (multiple keywords, perfect for brainstorming and bulk search)
The app finds all available domain names that are close to our initial search and suggest a whole lot more.
The results are displayed in categories
- Common – .com .net .org and hyphenated versions of the domain
- New – new
gtldsthat have been launched like .email .link .domains and many more
- Short – create short names by overlapping the keywords with the
tldslike del.icio.us or citi.es
- Extra – other popular
tldslike .co .io .name .ly …
- Similar – generates common alternatives by using the following methods (thesaurus, synonyms, antonyms, real-world intelligence, related words using collocations).This is a 6 million-plus database.Or by adding special characters to specify preferences
- SEO – Preserve the main keywords entered in the final domain and use (short prefixes, dictionary prefixes, and suffixes, derived words, use * with some letters) to preserve SEO
- Fun – Various techniques to smartly modify existing keywords to generate new words that are very brandable (merged portmanteau, misspellings, phonetic variations, short URL, overlapping, acronyms)
- Mix – mixing other words and popular suffixes (mix words, simple portmanteau, prefixes, suffixes)
Example – Comic Books Market (The Keywords)
The available domains appear in a green text, the unavailable in red and there is a grey text for some of the names that need to be checked further by simply clicking on them.
Some available domains – Category
- comicbooksmarket.com – common
- comic-books-market.com – common
- comicbooksmarket.co – common
- comicbooks.holdings – new
- comicbooks.market – short
- combooks.io – fun
- booksmar.co – fun
- comicbooksindustry.com – similar
- comicbooksbusiness.com – similar
- thecomicbooksmarket.io – SEO
- comicbooksmarketer.io – mix
- comicbooksmarketonic.net – mix
The Mix, Fun, Similar and SEO categories seem to give endless results.
How to Buy the Chosen Domain
When you are finished you can buy the domain from a selection of domain registrars.
- United Domains
- Wealthy Affiliate
If you want to buy the domain from a different registrar you can, but manually outside of the application.
Their slogan is …“NameMesh helps you find a perfect name for your startup or business using an intelligent ranking and classification program.”
They run a blog but in order to receive updates you have to become a registered member.
The app can give you a ton of ideas, helping you out with a difficult procedure like this one.This is how I chose my domain and it really saved my time and helped me decide.
I believe that the new domain extensions and all these mix variations are very cool and they can point to a brandable domain name.Are brandable domains the new trend?…I think so, yes.
Go on and test the app on your own, I hope you like it as much as I do.I am waiting for your comments and thoughts as always.Are you using NameMesh or any other service for your domain name selection?…I’d be glad to discuss it with you.
Domain Names Registrar