You want to start up a new online business but choosing the right domain name seems like a painful process. I know it is. That is why there are online applications to ease that process.
Lately, I got stumbled upon a very cool app that is fun and very easy to use.
Let’s dive right in!
The app is very easy to use, when you visit their homepage there is a search bar where you can enter your keywords. They suggest that you enter your domain keywords separated by space for maximum results.
You can either use one of these versions
- 2-3 keywords
- 4 or more keywords (multiple keywords, perfect for brainstorming and bulk search)
The app finds all available domain names that are close to our initial search and suggest a whole lot more.
The results are displayed in categories
- Common – .com .net .org and hyphenated versions of the domain
- New – new
gtldsthat have been launched like .email .link .domains and many more
- Short – create short names by overlapping the keywords with the
tldslike del.icio.us or citi.es
- Extra – other popular
tldslike .co .io .name .ly …
- Similar – generates common alternatives by using the following methods (thesaurus, synonyms, antonyms, real-world intelligence, related words using collocations).This is a 6 million-plus database.Or by adding special characters to specify preferences
- SEO – Preserve the main keywords entered in the final domain and use (short prefixes, dictionary prefixes, and suffixes, derived words, use * with some letters) to preserve SEO
- Fun – Various techniques to smartly modify existing keywords to generate new words that are very brandable (merged portmanteau, misspellings, phonetic variations, short URL, overlapping, acronyms)
- Mix – mixing other words and popular suffixes (mix words, simple portmanteau, prefixes, suffixes)
Example – Comic Books Market (The Keywords)
The available domains appear in green text, the unavailable in red and there is a grey text for some of the names that need to be checked further by simply clicking on them.
Some available domains – Category
- comicbooksmarket.com – common
- comic-books-market.com – common
- comicbooksmarket.co – common
- comicbooks.holdings – new
- comicbooks.market – short
- combooks.io – fun
- booksmar.co – fun
- comicbooksindustry.com – similar
- comicbooksbusiness.com – similar
- thecomicbooksmarket.io – SEO
- comicbooksmarketer.io – mix
- comicbooksmarketonic.net – mix
The Mix, Fun, Similar, and SEO categories seem to give endless results.
How to Buy the Chosen Domain
When you are finished you can buy the domain from a selection of domain registrars.
If you want to buy the domain from a different registrar you can, but manually outside the application.
Their slogan is…“NameMesh helps you find a perfect name for your startup or business using an intelligent ranking and classification program.”
They run a blog but in order to receive updates you have to become a registered member.
The app can give you a ton of ideas, helping you out with a difficult procedure like this one. This is how I chose my domain and it really saved my time and helped me decide.
I believe that the new domain extensions and all these mix variations are very cool and they can point to a brandable domain name. Are brandable domains the new trend? I think so, yes.
Go on and test the app on your own, I hope you like it as much as I do.
That’s it, another review has finished, here on Web Market Support. I am waiting for your comments and thoughts. Till next time.
Tasos Perte Tzortzis
Marketing Specialist, Entrepreneur
Although doing traditional business offline since 1992, Tasos fell in love with online marketing in late 2014 and has helped hundreds of brands sell more of their products and services on the web.
He enjoys reading, music & arts, mathematics, chess, coffee, swimming, Audi, and playing with his kids.