Are you looking for ways to buy and sell domain names?
It’s called domain flipping. You try to buy a domain at the lowest price possible and then sell it for a profit.
It’s not much different than flipping (buying and selling) real estate. It just happens online.
It’s a lucrative business for some, others make an extra income, and it’s also an opportunity to recycle old websites that are not active and give life to them.
Some marketplaces allow you to set any price you want and they charge a fee when a sale is made or sometimes for the listing.
Other marketplaces set maximum pricing and have different rules.
We compiled a list of reliable domain flipping marketplaces to help you in your quest.
Let’s dive right in!
Domain Flipping Marketplaces
Main slogan: the #1 marketplace to buy and sell domains, blogs, SaaS businesses, apps, Amazon FBA stores, online businesses, affiliate sites, Shopify stores, eCommecre stores. Buy an online business, become an acquisition entrepreneur, and invest in digital real estate. Guides and services to help you out.
You can buy and sell:
- Online businesses, websites, apps
- Domains, eCommerce businesses, Shopify stores
- Dropshipping businesses, Google AdSense websites
- Amazon FBA businesses, SaaS businesses, blogs
- Affiliate websites, WordPress websites, ready-made websites
- Turnkey websites, internet businesses, social media accounts
- Travel websites, pet websites
- Online wedding businesses, dating websites
- Amazon KDP, Merch by Amazon
- SaaS apps, BigCommerce stores, desktop apps
- Newsletters, side projects
- Starter/template websites, iOS or Android apps
Stats: 1.5M+ users ready to buy, 38K+ digital assets sold worldwide, 300K+ registered buyers
How it works:
- List your asset for sale (register and verify your ID) and then value your business by using the Valuation Tool. It is FREE and takes 5 minutes. It will give you a sense of how much your online asset or business is worth and what an appropriate asking price might be.
- Get matched to buyers
- Make a sale
Flippa charges a one-time listing fee to list an online asset or business for sale. Flippa also derives a variable success fee on the sale of your online asset or business. Their success fee is calculated as a percentage of your final sale price.
- Flippa due diligence
- Flippa private
- Flippa finder
- Flippa broker
- The daily
- The exit podcast
- Website brokers
- Success fees: up to $50K (10% fee), $50K to $100K (7.5% fee), $100K+ (5% fee), partner broker (15% fee)
- Listing fees: establishes websites and businesses ($49), starter/template websites ($15), domains ($10), iOS and Android apps ($15)
- Upgrade your listing (reach more buyers and sell faster): premium boost ($65 – $295 depending on the asking price), marketing boost ($395), ultimate boost ($545), newsletter boost ($95)
- Non-disclosure agreement & confidential listing ($99)
- Listing review & optimization report ($29)
About: founded in 2009. Based in Melbourne and Austin, we also have people spread out all over the globe, from New Zealand to Jamaica. The North American headquarters situated in Downtown Austin.
Main slogan: Auctions – domain name aftermarket. on the go? don’t miss a domain auction with our investor app.
You can search for auctions by entering a keyword, and perform an advanced search with these filters: keywords, prices, type of auction, domain extension, characters, domain inventory categories (attributes), domain age, # of bids, traffic, ending in.
- Most active
- Ending soon
- Fixed price
- Bargain bin
- A-Z listings
- Estimated value
- Enter bid/offer
- Time left
List a domain: you need to be a GoDaddy customer in order to proceed.
- Auctions API
- Auctions FTP site
- Multi-bid tool
- RSS feeds
- Daily gems
- Membership: Annual Membership is $4.99 (excluding taxes), Your membership allows you to bid and purchase domains on GoDaddy Auctions and list domain names for free
- Domain listing costs: free listing for all customers that include: accepting Offers from potential buyers, as well as send your own Counteroffer, setting a Buy Now Price, starting a 7-Day Public Auction.
When the domain is sold, the GoDaddy commission amounts are dependent on the price the domain sold for, as shown in the following:
- Domain sale price $0 – $5K (20% commission – $15 minimum)
- Domain sale price $5K – $25K ($1000 + 15% of amount over $5K)
- Domain sale price $5K+ ($4000 + 10% of amount over $25,000)
There’s also a calculator tool to help you out.
Additional listing add-ons:
- Upgrade to a Premium Listing Available for names registered with GoDaddy, ending in .com, .net, .org, or .co – Free
- Feature a Listing on the GoDaddy Auctions® Home Page $19.98/listing
- Set a Reserve Price on the Auction Listing (7 Day Public Auctions only) $4.99/listing
About: A world-class domain registrar. Our 14 offices dot the globe from Seattle to Belgrade. We empower 20 million+ everyday entrepreneurs. Our customers trust us with their 80 million+ domain names. Aman Bhutani – CEO.
Business & Marketing Tools Collection
Work management, tracking, organizing, payments, accounting, Google, keyword, market, and competition research, SEO, analytics, and related, marketing & advertising, web development, website monitoring, domains & website hosting, coding, and related, design & multimedia, marketplaces, entrepreneurial communities, hiring & outsourcing.
Main slogan: Join the largest reseller network. Get your domain names promoted to the largest audience of qualified buyers through top domain registrars and domain resellers.
- Network solutions
- Buy domains (search domains for sale, premium domains, new listings, trending, Afternic agent service for buyers)
- Sell domains (list domains, promote domains, park your domains, sales acceleration, Afternic agent service for sellers)
- Company (FAQ, partners, careers)
- Create an account
- Add domains for sale
- Participate in fast transfer
- Accelerate your domain sales (10x faster, 20% higher average sales prices, sales team expertise, 24/7 support, valuable incremental revenue earned through the parking platform, earn money even while your domain is listed for sale)
- $0 to $5K – 20% ($15 minimum)
- $5K to $25K – $1000 + 15% amount of over $5K
- $25K plus – $4000 + 10% amount of over $25K
About: Founded in 1999, Afternic launched the first website where domain owners could list their domain for sale, and prospective domain buyers could review available inventory—connecting buyers and sellers of domain names for the first time, and creating the industry’s first domain marketplace. Since our founding, we have been continuously expanding and innovating, introducing new technologies like Fast Transfer that allow a domain buyer to have immediate control of a purchased domain, and building a distribution network that now includes more than 100 partners that market our domain listings the world over. Whether you are a domain buyer or a domain seller, Afternic is the most trusted name in domains.
Main slogan: Brandable domain names for makers. Find the perfect domain for your project, without the hefty price tag!
Domain names priced to sell: The maximum price of a domain on Maker Monikers is $500 and, because our sellers are makers like you, we encourage them to list their unused domains at a low price to help their fellow makers out.
The ideal recommended price for a domain is between $100-250. Something that makes it worthwhile for the seller but doesn’t break the bank for the buyer.
How to buy a domain:
- Find a domain name
- Purchase the domain by paying the seller directly
- Connect directly with the seller to transfer ownership of the domain
- It must be a .com, .co, .io (for now)
- No hyphens or numbers (unless a number really, really makes sense)
- No names which violate a known trademark
- No offensive names or pr0n
- No international character domains
- Ideally, 1-2 dictionary words or a made-up “brand” word that is easy to spell/say
- Priced between $50-$500
They don’t charge a listing fee, and their 10% fee on sales is lower than any other domain marketplace out there
About: it’s a new marketplace.
Main slogan: Buy, park, sell domains. The best domains for the brightest of ideas. Find the perfect web address, or earn money with domains you already own, on the world’s largest domain name marketplace!
- Broker services
- Domain appraisals
- Transfer service
- Partner program
- Launch calendar
- Registry services
- Registrar services
- Price list
- Parking domains
- Buy domains (search, acquisition, auction calendar, market trends, exclusive broker domains, expiring domains)
- Sell domains (trade, auction, promotion options)
- News & press
- Case studies
- Create a free customer account
- Understand seller and purchase options
- Search domains
- Secure payment using transfer services
- Evaluate domains and prices
- Easy domain transfer and use
- Buy now
- Make offer
- Domain brokers
- List your domains for free
- Communicate to potential buyers
- Offer a domain name as “Make Offer”
- Start your own auction
- Auction events
- Sell with the help of brokers
Low fees starting at only 10%.
- Domain parking
- Domain promotion
- SedoMLS sales network
- Domain Appraisal
- Transfer services
- Market trends
- 19M+ domains for sale
- 2M+ customers worldwide
- 700K+ domains sales since the start of Sedo
- 130 employees in Cologne and Boston
About: founded in 1999 in Germany. Sedo has been a member of United Internet AG since 2001. Michael robrock CEO.
This is just the beginning of an extended catalog. I will keep the thread updated frequently.
In the meantime, check out the other related resources we have in store for you.
That’s it, another article has finished, here on Web Market Support. I’m waiting for your comments and thoughts. Which marketplace is your favorite? Which one should I add? Till next time.
Tasos Perte Tzortzis
Business Organisation & Administration, Marketing Consultant, Creator of the "7 Ideals" Methodology
Although doing traditional business offline since 1992, I fell in love with online marketing in late 2014 and have helped hundreds of brands sell more of their products and services. Founder of WebMarketSupport, Muvimag, Summer Dream.
Reading, arts, science, chess, coffee, tea, swimming, Audi, and family comes first.
Marketing & Business
- AZ list of online marketplaces
- Top Marketing, Business & Related Books
- Top 5 Data Visualisation Tools For Amazing Results
- Websites With Statistics You Need To Know
- Top Copywriting Books You Should Read Right Now