Having a content marketing strategy can make a difference between a successful business and a failed one. Nearly 60% of marketers create at least one piece of content each day. And this number proves to pay dividends.
Would you like to enter this list of marketers and create a compelling and selling piece of content?
The tricks revealed in this article will help you out.
7 Tips To Make Your Content Marketing Strategy Stronger
Estimate your possibilities and set KPI’s
If you want to become a content pro, you won’t go far beyond without marketing KPIs (Key Performance Indicators). Build a strong long-term strategy with established KPIs, and track your achievements across all functions.
The foundation of all indicators is website traffic. This metric illustrates the number of visitors that come to see a particular piece of content. Time views remain quite important. Thus, knowing how much time each person spends while engaging with your content, will shape your understanding of how to extend the period of an average pageview.
Some marketers also gauge a click-through rate, which indicates the number of subscribers who click on the link in your content. And, then, they buy from that source. This is essentially important for those who want to generate money out of their blog, website, or channel.
When you estimate your current possibilities, an explicit picture of your further plan appears in your head.
You can then analyze how to perform better and apply these fundamental metrics across your content.
The percentage of marketers that create at least one piece of content each day
Get to know your audience
Improving marketing strategy also depends on your target audience research. Making assumptions of what drives them in your content won’t bring you concrete insights. We can’t rely on generic beliefs, behaviors, or preferences. Or at least, we should double-check it through customer interaction or a detailed survey.
Methods you can use:
- Leverage social media. It is not a secret that the best space to learn from your audience is social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest. This immediate source of valuable information is a guarantor of long-going communication with major brands.
- Segment audience. Then, it is essential to divide customers into groups based on demographic, psychographic, geographic, and behavioral specifications. Thus, you will focus on clients not as a whole, but rather a sequence of differentiated groups that need special treatment. In our case, a particular type of content strategy.
- Questionnaires and surveys. You will learn a great deal of information from a series of questions and prompts. If you want to receive genuine feedback on your content, it is probably one of the most obvious things to conduct.
Patterns and behaviors change every single day because our potential followers and buyers increasingly consume and share content.
After you did the first step identifying our own values, mission, and goals, it is time to get data on customers from the best possible sources.
Choose a content type
If you are curious how content type is classified and rated by the audience, it is safe to say you will need many ingredients. For instance, people favor infographics and lists out of all types of content.
At the same time, content backed up by images and graphs will get more shares on social media. So, you will really want to look through various viral content types and pick the right variation for your blog.
Speaking about the format, create a piece of work of your best. If you rock at conjuring a video, creating audio or podcast, or writing a knowledgeable article, why not going for it. 90% of the most successful marketers focus on their audience’s informational needs over sales messaging. Thus, you can only buy people’s trust with expertise and competency of what you are publishing.
Traditionally, your content will also depend on your niche. For example, if it is oversaturated you will more likely need to amplify your efforts and measures. Similarly, for the non-crowded industry, differentiation will be easier to maintain and get the most social shares.
You will have to examine your content marketing space if you aim to develop high-value visual concepts and make ideal shareable content.
The percentage of the most successful marketers that focus on their audience’s informational needs over sales messaging
Find the matching channels
Regardless of your brand recognition and budget, you will need to find a suitable space for accommodating yourself. Before making content, it is useful to scan your social channels, as well as the channels of your competitors. This way you can see how to win the respect of online prospects and prompt them to give preference to your content. Also, you can determine your opponents’ boundaries and limits in the marketing hub. And, after all, choose the best combination of social media platforms for your blog.
But, there is no rule of thumb in such social media monitoring. You can’t focus on the same networks and engage in conversations through the channels identical to your competitors. Most favorably, you have a value proposition that no one else has ever brought. And, so you will need to test what channels correspond to your offer and mission.
Of course, there is this basic social channels ranking, but you should never rely 100% on it. You will find below that most users are active on Facebook, YouTube, and WhatsApp. Yet, it should not be an alert to jump on the bandwagon.
Pick a channel that matches your ideas and concepts.
Start making content
Now, it is about time you gained a solid understanding of SEO and developed content writing skills. You will need to target a broad array of consumers. Thus, you will need to acquire a lot of skills: researching, interviewing, and organizing.
If you run out of ideas, remember that content should always remain helpful, shareable, and emotionally resonant. It means there should be a balance between virality and adequacy. Of course, you can spread trendy or triggering insights. Moreover, if your publication is in-depth it will be easier to promote.
Lastly, your content creation should become a daily habit. There is no such thing as absence or delays. As a matter of fact, one marketing survey from Zazzle Media reveals that 60% of people find it hard to produce content consistently.
Why Search Intent Matters For SEO And How To Optimize Your Website
- Get website content ideas from existing material
- How to produce content for the web
- Free tools to generate ideas for content
- Repurposing content
Keep track of the progress
There are some tracking techniques you might want to use, in order to evaluate the effectiveness of your content marketing program. If you aim to measure different fundamental points that make your solid content strategy, these are the metrics you will consider:
- Content goal. It can be lead generation, conversion, brand awareness. Try to outline these concrete content marketing goals and you will understand how to grow more sophisticatedly.
- Benchmarks. Initiate performance benchmarks for your content. These include users’ behavior, engagement, SEO outcome, company revenue.
- Baseline costs. Calculate expenditures associated with content plan execution and estimate your savings or structure investments next time.
- Algorithm updates. Ranking factors get shaped by new trends and rules. So, you will need to adapt and evolve into the theme.
The figures you will receive in the end will reflect each categorized metric and quantitatively access your content. You can data from various sources where communication around your business exists. Social media monitoring tools can be a direct platform of invaluable feedback.
Identify successes and fails
To nail your content marketing performance and make content your key strategy as it is for 86% for B2C marketers and 91% for B2B ones, you will need to keep an eye on the success and fail factors.
The dominant success factors you will need to check:
- Consistency. A negative online absence can drastically impact you as an individual or your blog. Poor blog planning will reveal a flop, and advanced scheduling and posting will show favorable progress.
- Reputation. Your online reputation severely counts not only in the Google ranks. ORM (or Online Reputation Management) is essential to earn a winning reputation. You will appear as caring and improving to your potential customers as well as existing ones.
- Distribution. At a certain point in your content creation, you will be fully pleased to get a standing ovation and will crave reaching a wider range of viewers and listeners. For instance, after mastering one content type triumphantly, it will be easier to switch to omnichannel distribution and carefully experiment with other types. Yet, failure in one sector will help you know, there is another one to get accustomed to.
The percentage of B2C marketers that use content as their key strategy
The percentage of B2B marketers that use content as their key strategy
To sum up, content marketing consists of more than just post creation or video animation. It goes a long way to learn the fundamentals of content production and management. However, nothing remains impossible.
If you pursue a well-thought-out persistent strategy, the results won’t leave you waiting.
Tiffany Porter is an expert writer who specializes in creating various training and professional upgrade courses, materials, manuals, and reviews for writing service reviews websites. She also likes traveling and speaks German and French.